Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Love one an Otter

I'm trying to do alot of "Mommy and Rhett" stuff this week so, this morning Rhett and I went to the Zoo. We have the neatest zoo here. One of Rhett's favorite areas is the otter slide. There is a clear plexiglass slide that goes through the otter pond. Rhett, as usual, had a car in his pocket. When he went down the slide he took the car out and started zooming it around the slide. He loves to do that with all slides. One otter saw him playing and started chasing the car. Rhett got off the slide and continued to zoom the car on the plexiglass pond window. The otter followed the car and Rhett everywhere! Rhett was thrilled to make a new fun friend. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen! It went on for twenty or so minutes. People were stopping and videoing Rhett and the otter. On little girl was a bit upset and said "Mom he's not sharing the otter!" to which we all laughed. Rhett walked away from the window and the otter just looked so sad. He still followed Rhett! So we hung out at the otter pond for some time entertainng Rhett, several passsersbys, and apparently the otter. When it was finally time to leave Rhett was a bit sad and wanted to ask the Zoo people if we could bring the otter a car of his own "because there aren't any toys in there for him to play with." As we left to zoo about an hour later Rhett said, " I bet that otter still misses me."

I have a feeling we will visit "the otter" many times this summer and... you can bet Rhett will always bring few cars along!

6 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

How fun! I love these pictures. It sounds like you two had a great day. And one I'm sure Rhett will remember for a very long time.

Now I am wanting to take our family to your zoo!

Beaner said...

That is AWESOME!!! I love animals! Jessica saw these pictures & said "Mommy, can we sometimes go to that zoo?" I told her that it was in Texas & very far away & then she repeated the same question again! Maybe we WILL go to that zoo someday!

Kelley said...

That is the coolest story! That's amazing!!!!
What an awesome experience. Yep, bet you'll be spending a bunch of time at the zoo!
I know I would!

jettybetty said...

What a great memory--for both of you!

Susan - said...

Love the pictures!

Val said...

Clever title. And by the way, I was in Wall, TX. Weird.