Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Checking in

Nothing to new today but thought I'd pop in and say Hi. We are still working on rearranging the house and getting everything ready for the baby. We spent all day Monday sorting through Kolby's stuff and getting her old room ready to become a nursery. My Mom and I spent much of yesterday trying to find some material to match what we bought at Pottery Barn.

The kids went to their first day of Summer Mother's Day Out at church and had a great time. Even though it's only been a week, I have to say I enjoyed the break from the two of them. I love my kids but breaks are so nice. Today we are continuing to move and organize closets and clean up. I'll take the kids swimming this after noon.

On the prego front...I don't think my feet can get any bigger without popping. It's really hard to walk at times. I had to get some men's flip flops at Target yesterday because my feet won't fit in anything else. The heat makes it worse but, I have yet to find anything that makes the swelling better. I had a dream last night that I was at a baby shower for me at a friends house and my water broke. IN my dream I was mortified that I had ruined the wing back chair I was sitting in and wondered how long I could hold off telling someone! Then I woke up. You know it might be fun to go into labor surrounded by girl friends...but I would hate to think of anyone having to clean that up!!! I think the dream is just wishful thinking on my part because if I went into labor at my shower the baby would be 18 days early! Fat chance!

Yesterday I spent some time with Mom and the kids a Target registering for baby stuff. Rhett made it his job to hold the scanner and zap barcodes. I had to go delete a few things such as Hot Wheels racing cars and Cars toys, but Rhett had a blast. I have never registered for a baby before and honestly I feel a bit silly. But as one of my friends said, people want to give you something, you might as well let them know what you want and need. So I did it. Still feeling a bit sheepish about it though!

So tonight is the first night in a year that we don't have a class to teach! I will actually miss this little Wednesday night class and hope we make it to church on Wednesday nights even if we don't HAVE to be there. It's going to be a challenge.

Ok I've rambled enough. Hope to check in with some before and after shots by weeks end! :)
Happy Hump Day!

PS Just in case you weren't in Mrs.Johnson's 2nd grade at Travis Elementary in the late 70's "hump day" is Wednesday! Hey....... Get your mind out of the gutter! This is a G rated blog! :)

0 comments: