Friday, June 30, 2006

Still here...still resting

Bed rest is not as bad as it sounded. Yesterday I rested most of the day so I could go to my shower last night. I had a wonderful shower and got so many precious things for this baby girl! I can't wait to get in the nusery and get it all put in it's new place. I am always overwhelmed at people's generosity when it comes to new babies! My sweet friends did a great job, the food was wonderful and my cousin Ashley's house looked amazing! It was such a fun night.

Kolby went and was so in party mode! No one enjoys a party like my sweet little girl! She wore a brand new pink and white dress and her first ever pair of "real panty hose" with white heels. She had a blast bringing me punch and helping open the presents. The girl even knows how to work a crowd! I've said it before, but I just can't get over how much this whole baby process has meant to Kolby. She has loved every minute of it! This baby is quite blessed to have such a sweet and doting big sister!

My Mom has been really worried about my blood pressure and me me having a stroke or something all week. Last night she did her best not too worry or make too much fuss over me. I guess you never out grow the Mommy worries! Even though I felt a bit silly, just to be safe, I sat in a recliner with my house shoes propped up most of the night! AND wonder of wonders, my blood pressure was absolutly perfect when I got home! I think God was at work there because all day long if I even got up or did much of anything, my bp would shoot up. I'm very grateful that I was able to go to my own shower! I'm very grateful for everything about last night!

Today is Rob's flex day so he is off. Kolby is going to Splash Kingdom camp this till noon and Rhett is swimming with neighbors. I have a blood pressure check at the doctor's office sometime today. Rob's Mom is coming in to see Kolby's program tonight and is planning to take the kids home with her for a few nights. SO if the blood pressure holds and the baby doesn't decide to make an early entrance, we are set for a few days of R&R! I honestly don't know what to think of that! There is nothing left to paint or clean and no place I'm allowed to go! I plan on taking full advantage of it all!

I'm going to teach Rob to blog so he can let you know as soon as the baby is here. In the mean time, I hope you all have a great, safe, Fourth of July weekend!

6 comments:

Jacinda said...

glad the shower went well!

Amy S. Grant said...

I loved reading about the shower and all the fun. You'll be in my prayers for your health and safe delivery soon!

The nursery looks wonderful. You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - have been keeping up with you and Rob some this year (as I learned about your blog from your Christmas card)and just popped in to say congrats and good luck with baby #3. We are so happy for you and your growing family :). Sarah Altom

Susan - said...

I wish I could have been at the shower. I am so glad you were able to go and enjoy it. Talk to you soon!

Donna G said...

Whew! I was afraid the baby came while I was on vacation. The nursery is great and I know you are getting SOOOO ready.... My babies grew leaps and bounds in the week I was away from them....

Can't wait to hear, be sure Rob lets us know ASAP!!

Susie said...

Enjoy that rest! I also had BP problems with my last one. No fun. But it all went away when Malachi was about 6 wks. old.

I'm glad you had a nice shower. Good memories. : )