Monday, June 19, 2006

Still here... 4 weeks to go!

Hey there blog land! I have not had too many bloggable thoughts lately. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going and I also can not believe how hard phyiscally it is getting for me to get anything done! I feel like cross between the Stay-Puft marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters and Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (after she chewed the gum and turned into a blueberry). Pretty huh? By 2pm my whole body is so swollen I can barely bend! I've had nightmares that the baby came and my body was stuck in swollen mode forever! I am looking forward to being able to wear shoes again.

OK swelling aside, we are slowly but surely making progress in the nursery. After a three week stripping, sanding, priming, painting, nightmare with the nursery furniture, it is all almost done. I am in love with the bedding! The curtains are hung and my Mom came up with a great art project to tie the room together, so we are almost there! It feels good/ weird to have a baby bed up in the house again!

Rob and I are coming closer to picking a name but we have both said we might just have to see her first to truly decide. It's still a bit hard to imagine us with a baby again. We have started talking to the kids about what a new baby needs and doesn't need. They are really excited! It's so funny to watch them talk to my tummy! I'm glad they are so into this process.

In other news, my kids went to VBS at the Baptist church where Rhett goes to pre-school last week. It was so wonderful! The kids loved it and I loved having a few mornings to myself. When I was little we never went to things at "other" churches. I think that is a shame. I love the people I have met through this church. The moms and teachers are wonderful! I still love our church and want my kids involved there, but I think exposing them to other Christ followers is a great thing! I want my kids to understand that we are Christians only not the only Christians and not be afraid of other churches.

There have been times I have wondered if I was doing something wrong by putting Rhett in a program other than the Mother's Day Out at our church. (which is a great little MDO program by the way!) But the other program fit more of what I felt Rhett needed. Three years later, I am so glad that Rhett has gone to a different school because we have met so many great people and Rhett has so many good little friends outside his little class at church. I absolutely LOVE Rhett's little group of friends at church, but I think it is important to have good Christian friends who attend other churches.

Anyway it was nice to have my kids in a great VBS that I didn't work! Our church is not having VBS this year, but when we do, I want to make sure and be a big part of it to give some of my friends the great break and awesome learning opportunity they gave me and my kids last week!

Well, that's the end of my blog time for today! Hope you are all having a great summer! Time to waddle off to the next task! :)

8 comments:

Jacinda said...

I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left; it's gone by fast for me too! Hang in there!

jettybetty said...

I'm with Jacinda--this pregnancy has gone by quickly for me too ;-)!

I've heard the Baptists can do quite a VBS--glad you all got to benefit from it!

Anonymous said...

I went to the kindergarten at First Baptist Church. It never occurred to me that they weren't good people! :)

Susie said...

Good to hear from ya! : )
I agree. We too like to let our children go to other VBS's. It lets them see some of their school friends that they might otherwise not see until August. And it's a positive way to ward off the "I'm bored!" syndrome. ; )

Donna G said...

Vital to form those other friendships and I am glad you are encouraging it.

Can't wait for little Donna Joy to be born!!

Beaner said...

I'll be praying that you go 2 weeks early!!! (And isn't 1 DJG enough? J/K!)

MDM said...

I keep feeling like I am going to click on your blog and see a little pink bundle!!! It's coming soon...hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Was there a meeting somewhere to decide to change the names of everything? For example, from christians to "christ followers", from minister to "pastor" to name just two.

Just wondering.....