Monday, June 12, 2006

The Pink Palace

At last we are finished decorating and moving Kolby into her new room! We still lack a few finishing touches, but this is as close as we will get before the baby's room is done. Speaking of, I best be getting back to that. Hopefully I can post finished nursery pictures before long!


Much of the inspiration for Kolby's room came from these wooden letters that she painted for a name plate for her door. I love doing kids room!


I copied Kolby's little letters and made them big for her wall. This was a fun, but time consuming, project!


We decided to put two beds in Kolby's room so that we could utilize under bed storage for toys, and after loosing the guest bedroom, I want to always have an extra bed up and ready. All of Kolby's toys are in pull outs under her beds.

This desk was my sisters when she was Kolby's age.
Kolby and Rhett love these beds! There are still lots of little girl touches in this room so that it isn't too teen (or tween) like but still leaves room for growth.


If you look in the far left top corner of this picture you will see one of Kolby's favorite parts of her new room. She has a TV/ DVD player mounted from the ceiling. It can only be turned on with the remote (which we keep most of the time) and gets only the five channels that Rob and I picked. Also anything over a G rating is automatically blocked out. You gotta love parental controls! I never wanted a TV in my kids rooms but when we lost our guest/ play/extra TV room... Well, I think this will work out!


This was my dresser all my growing up days.

Now on to the nursery.....

15 comments:

Jenni said...

That's a great room! I love the name letters. I always had two twin beds also - I think one was usually a receptacle for clean clothes, though!

Donna G said...

That is a lot of Pepto-pink....but it is incredibly cute!!

SG said...

Thanks! i forgot to open the blinds or turn the overhead lights on so the pink looks a bit darker in these pictures than it really is. BUT make no mistake...there is a reason we call it the pink palace! :)

Beaner said...

I will HIRE you - all you gotta do is come up to ILLINOIS! WOW!!!! It looks AWESOME!!!!! Great job!

Mae said...

FAB~U~LOUS!!!!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Woman, you've got some serious talent for decorating!

Susan - said...

This is very cute, just as I expected it would be.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Very cute, I can't let my 8 year old see these pictures or I will never hear the end of it. Looks like you put a lot of thought into it.

Clarissa said...

I'm with MAK, my 8-year-old will be kept away from these pictures! Too cute.

Susie said...

LOL--my 6 y/o wants a room like that now, too. It is just adorable!

It reminds me a bit of the girls' room in the Brady Bunch. ; ) (only cuter)

Jacinda said...

absolutely beautiful. Love it!

jettybetty said...

You have done a great job!! I just love it! (of course I am partial to pink!)

Anonymous said...

Palace is right! That is a dream room!

MDM said...

You have been busy!! Darling!! Can't wait to see the nursery. My girls would love to come play with Kolby!!

Anonymous said...

I love Kolby's room. Where did you find the letters on the wall? My 8 year old would love having them on her wall.

SG said...

Anon
I made the letters from ceiling tiles. It was a trial and error type project but they turned out exactly like we wanted in the end. If you want to know the specifics I will e-mail you... I just have to know who you are. :)