Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Nursery

Here it is...The Nursery!


This is the baby bed my grandmother bought for me 36 years ago!


All the furniture in this room, even the picture frames, (except the rocker on loan from my cousin Maria) has been stripped, sanded, primed and painted in the last month. Rob invested several layers of skin in this process and we all took turns painting. Do you think the baby will even notice? :)

My Mom made all but the quilt and the bumpers. She even made the bedding in the Moses basket, the basket liners under the changing table, the dust ruffles, the curtains ...Well everything! She says it has been fun but it was so much work for her! This baby is gonna love her Mama K!


This dresser was in my nursery, my teen room, my college dorm room, and then I repainted it for Kolby a six years ago. I repainted it last week for this baby.


My Mom and I came up with the idea to frame the squares from the quilt. Mom figured out how to do the squares and Sari and I painted the frames and had fun framing all these!



After next Friday there may be a little bookcase by this rocking chair under the quilt. We are waiting for a sale! :)


The little shelf on the wall was my great-grandmothers.


The rocking chair was made for my Mom by her grandfather on her first birthday!It has rocked many a mile holding the little members of our family. My Mom bought this basket from a group who imports them from a church group and uses the money for their village through some Baptist missionaries. She made all the bedding and I cut the mattress.

It has taken about thirty attempts to load these pictures and I have no idea why...But hey, I'm on bed rest and have nothing better to do! Now all we need is a baby....But hopefully not until next week! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm home doing laundry for the girls before they leave for church camp!!!
Beautiful nursery!!! I love it!
Still praying!
Lex Ann

Anonymous said...

I'm almost jealous of her! I guess you'll name her Princess something! That is a beautiful room for a precious loved little girl.

Jacinda said...

I love how so much of the furniture has family meaning! It's beautiful!

Susan - said...

Fabulous, of course!

Beaner said...

I LOVE the way you decorate a room!!! This baby will know how special she is! Next up.....pictures of Rhett's room, OK? Take care - still praying for you!

Sandy said...

Oh, I LOVE it! How beautiful! I desperately wanted a nursery for my babies, but for various reasons (starting with a lack of money), it just never happened. By the time #5 came along, he had to share a room with the bunkbeds of two other siblings (at least until we moved into a larger house). I'd like to content myself with the thought that another baby would finally get the long-awaited nursery, but in reality, he'd probably have to share the laundry room with the cat. Sigh. Well, we're done anyway... I'll just enjoy your nursery in the meantime. It's beautiful!

Susie said...

What a beautiful nursery! You all worked so hard on it. But it looks just perfect! : )