Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Computer Quandry

We need a new computer. Ours is almost eight years old, a dinosaur by computer standards, but we have made it work. In addition to being promoted at work and taking on a more managerial position, Rob is in graduate school and needs a computer for research, for papers and to run Excel. I am on the computer a lot. Besides blogging, I store and edit all our families photographs, print a newsletter for the PTA, and hope to do more with wed site design in the future. I have lots of files in ms word that I want to transfer. The kids are getting to the gaming stage so I would like the new computer to be better able to do some of that. SO...What brand, model do you guys suggest? Anyone just Love or really not love their computer? Any one with service issues? I want to hear from you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've done both Gateway and Dell... and between those two Dell is the winner. Much better services, and better prices it seems. You can get great deals on Hewlett Packards from Best Buy with all the same bells and whistles. The only difference is, unlike Dell/Gateway, they usually do not come with an operating system included (like Windows XP, etc.)

mom23 said...

Is he in grad school at BU? If so he can get some great deals on Dell.

Anonymous said...

Get a Mac Steph......educator discount? How can you beat that? You know me, I well we both grew up on PC's but since my conversion to my MacBook pro in November I must say there is only one way to go...mac.

Donna G said...

Love my Dell....at home and at work. But I have never tried a Mac.