Thursday, March 15, 2007

With Three Kids

LIVE FROM DOWNTOWN DALLAS.....
(revised with pictures 3/16)
The kids, my mom and I are currently in Dallas with my sister. She is working and we are playing. Last night I braved the DART rail with Mom, three kids, and a stroller to dart on down to the Dallas Auto show.The kids and Mom wanted to see Sari at work. So we did. (Out of duty to my former profession, I must clarify that I never, ever suggest taking a child to an Auto Show unless the tickets are free and you plan to leave less than an hour after arriving, as was our case last night.)




It was an adventure. I think DART is great, but probably better during the day. Rhett and Kolby saw things they have never seen before and had to learn not to stare! But we did it, and lived to tell! :)



This morning we ate breakfast in the Plaza of the Americas and went Ice Skating. Next we plan to go to the Aquarium and then maybe swing by a mall before heading home. This is our one big spring break outing. Truthfully, I find that going anywhere with three kids is bit of a challenge. Just packing for one night away took as long as it would take me to pack for just me for three weeks.

When I was a teen we used to make joke by adding "in bed" to the end of songs or sentences. Now it seems the joke is on me as life has added "with three kids" to all my endings. AND just like "in bed", those three little words change everything. For example:
I went to the grocery store with three kids.
We stayed in a four star hotel with three kids.
I got my haricut with three kids.
We ate at a great little Chinese place with three kids.
You get the picture. AND I AM NOT COMPLAINING! Being here in the hotel and going to the show makes me very aware how much my life has changed since my own auto show days. Changed for the better, changed in the exact way I wanted it to, but changed none the less. I guess I'm still adjusting to life with three kids. I think my Mom and sister are gaining a new respect for me. :)


The kids are doing pretty well and having a great time. Ella Kate is a good hotel baby! Rhett and Kolby are so enamored with this hotel. From the ice machine to the little shampoos, they are in awe of it all. I love how each detail thrills them. I hope they always love hotels as much as they do now.


The kids were blown away by the view of downtown Dallas from our room last night. (Actually I was to!) We are high enough to make cars look small and have a great veiw of the skyline.

Even though this is a short trip, it has been packed with fun. In a few more hours we will head back home. I cherish times when we can get away and live outside our normal routine. lt is so fun with three kids!
Hope you are having a great Spring Break!

In the "rainbow light" made by one of the giant prisms in the Plaza of the Americas. They are my pot of gold!

9 comments:

Jacinda said...

Hi! I have a question for you. Could you send me some of your "Teacher Appreciation" ideas and about how much they cost? Last year the PTA at Gracie's school just did a luncheon and I'd like to do more. I've been asked what my ideas are and how much they would cost. I thought I'd ask you b/c I knew you wrote about some great ideas last year.
chrisjacinda@bellsouth.net

Thanks!

SG said...

Jacinda I will try to e-mail you what I still have from last year.

I looked at my blog on Sari's computer this week and it looked so different! The words were big and none of the pictures were lined up. On my computer it looks so different. Does it look all out of sorts on your computer? Just wondering... :)

Susan - said...

Since we can't see your computer, that might be hard to answer, but it looks OK to me.

You kiddos are getting so big! We need to get together.

Susie said...

SG, I just love reading about you and your kids. I hear so much griping from other mommas about their children, and it hurts my heart. It's so nice to hear someone who cherishes their babies. : )

SG said...

Susie,
Thank you! There are days when I am one of those mamas who gripe. But one reason I blog is so my kids can look back on this and see what their Mama was thinking. I want it to be real. I also want them to know that no matter what mistakes I make (cause that is just bound to happen) that I loved God, their Daddy and them more than anything else in this world. They need to know their Mama bragged on them and just couldn't help but share how cute they are with the world. I write it for them, but I'm glad you enjoy reading it too!

Amy S. Grant said...

I always enjoy your blog, too and can always relate to your posts! We are having a blast on our Spring Break trip, but in order to get here we were in a van...with THREE KIDS!

Love the pics, and it's good to see one of you too :)

Amy S. Grant said...

I meant to say "in a van for 10 HOURS...with three kids". And yes, I am complaining. :)

Amy S. Grant said...

Am I past my comment quota?

I forgot to say that we always add the words "in bed" when we read our fortunes from Chinese fortune cookies! We got that from Jack Reese, the dean of ACU's College of Biblical Studies. But that was before he was dean, so I guess it's okay.

Anonymous said...

You have such a great family!