Friday, March 09, 2007

Even on a bad day

Today was a hard day.
Something I had
looked forward to,
thought about,
and hoped for
fell through.
It was very
disappointing.
I was hurt.
My friend was
also hurt.
It was not fair.
I feel betrayed
and very
under appreciated.
Just yesterday
I felt
passionate
and
inspired
about this thing.
Now
I am down
and discouraged
about this thing
that will not be.
I don't
understand
what I did
or didn't do
to deserve
to have this thing
fall through.
These feelings
don't come often.
It was a
very hard day.
Then I came home
to this....

And somehow
my hard, bad day
just doesn't seem
so important.
That thing
that I was
so worked up about..
Who needs it!!!
Truth be told,
I am better off.
My friend is better off.
My family is better off.
God has other plans for me.
And I have this great life,
with good friends
who encourage me,
a great husband
who loves me,
sweet kids
who bless me,
and a precious baby girl
whose laughter
melts my heart!
Even on bad days.
I am so blessed.
God continues to bless me.
He loves me.
He comforts me.
He gives me strength.
Even on bad days.
He is there.
How can I let
this thing,
anything,
get me down?
That thing...
It doesn't hold a candle
to what truly matters.
Thank you God
for reminding me of that!

This video is guaranteed to make you smile.
Even on a bad day.

8 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Love me some raspberries!

I am sorry about your bad day. Some days are like that...even in Australia. (Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day)

mom23 said...

Oh honey I'm so sorry. Your pain and sadness are so transparent. I wish there was something I could do. Big hugs to you and awesome perspective on life!

SG said...

I am so much better today. Still a bit sad, but also sort of liberated and excited by the prospect of the window God will open because this door shut. Yes, today was better. So much better. I am grateful for this day. I think the more hours God puts between me and that bad day, the better I will be. Better on many levels.
I can't stay sad long with the raspberry baby loving and laughing my blues away! :) And my blog friends are the best! Thank you!

Susan - said...

Sorry I did not get to talk to you yesterday. We were cleaning out the garage. (Don't say anything!) I'm glad you are feeling better. That EK is too cute. Talk to you soon. Seriously.

Amy S. Grant said...

I'm so glad to read your comment, Steph. I've been thinking about you and hoping things are okay.

I love your attitude knowing that God has something completely different in store, and I am sure He does. He may just be waiting to surprise you with joy. :)

mom23 said...

Checking in to check on you. So glad today is great. I love your transparency and evident joy throughout it!

Anonymous said...

I walked by a venue that was home to a auto show several times last week. I thought about you and your old life and how much you have in your current life. I hope you always get everything you want but if you don't, Jesus loves you and so do all your blogger buddies!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.