Friday, March 02, 2007

Something "wicked" this way comes

Tonight is the slumber party. Kolby is so excited. The house is almost clean and decorated appropriately. The pizza, cake, movies, crafts and games are all lined up. (Thanks to all of you for the great ideas! ) Just 1000 or so things to do before the girls arrive tonight! Last night we hung the disco ball in the living room (worth every cent of the $20 dollars I paid for it 5 years ago) and started streamers in the kitchen. Even Ella Kate seemed to be excited.

Just before bedtime I overheard Kolby telling her brother about the party. She was telling him about the crafts (Rhett does NOT dig crafts) the games, karaoke and all the food. (which he does dig) Sweet Rhett said he hoped Kolby would save him a piece of cake since he has other sleep-over plans. As Kolby walked off, Rhett flashed her a thumbs up and with a I'm-too-cool-for-school grin said "Have a wicked party K-dog."They both burst out laughing. I had to bite my tongue not to laugh and blow my I'm-not-listening-I'm-just-in-here-hanging-clothes cover. That Rhett is a hoot!

So think of me and my "wicked" self hanging out with 10 nine years olds tonight! Yes 10. Who ever heard of having 100% invitee attendance? But "K-dog" invited some very sweet girls and there isn't a trouble maker in the bunch. Just giggly, cool, sweet sugar fed girls. I don't think any of them will raise a ruckus... I however really have the urge to go wrap a house! Do you think the neighbors would mind? :)

I am excited! It's a joy to watch these girls interact. These are fun, special times. My little girl's first slumber party! AND while I'm taking care of those 1000 things to do today as a treat to me, (and so I don't embarrass my daughter) I'm going to get myself a spiffy new pair of PJs ! It's all good...or is it wicked? :)

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Jacinda said...

Have a great time! If I lived near you, I wouldn't mind at all if you rolled (as we called it) my house...as long as you came back in the morning to help clean it up! lol I LOVED doing that as a teenager...so much fun!

mom23 said...

I would totally come over to help out - what a blast!

Beaner said...

That gives me a great idea for a "Wicked" party - it'll be a party based on that musical (which I loved!!!)

I hope all went well!

Amy S. Grant said...

I hope you had a wicked time! And I also hope you got a nap in today. Post some pics when you get a chance!

mom23 said...

recovered yet? How'd it go?