Friday, June 06, 2008

23 months

YES! My favorite toddler is 23 months old!
Can you believe she will be 2 this time next month? I 'm having a hard time thinking of her as 2. Let me tell you 23 (or so) things about this little chica...

In ways she seems older than just two (probably because she thinks she is the same age as her bother and sister) yet, she is still my cuddly baby who loves to rock and sing before bedtime and naps. She is the most verbal and expressive little thing I have ever seen. She says "Hi" and "Bye" to everyone when they come or go.
Leaving the grocery store the other day we were about to walk out when she said "Wait!" So I stopped. She proceeded to yell at the top of her lungs "Bye bye eva-body! " and waved like she was in a parade. I was laughing when she said "Go Mama" and continued to wave and say bye to every person we passed the whole way to the car. Everyone within earshot waved back and smiled. That girl!
She is a precious little spit-fire. I don't think she ever stops moving, talking, or getting into things! She can make messes faster than I can clean them up, and does so daily.


Her favorite foods are Frosted Mini wheats cereal in "'mulk", cheese, mac and cheese, spaghetti, ice cream, broccoli, green beans, bananas, strawberries, peaches, apple sauce, chocolate milk and root beer. She eats a ton some days and hardly anything others. But I feel she must get what she needs because she seems to have limitless energy! I wish I had a tenth of her energy... and cuteness!

She completely loves life. She loves her Mama and Dada (who she sometimes calls "Wob"= hasn't found that R sound yet) and runs across the room to give us big hugs when she first sees us. It's so fun to be some one's favorite person! And anyone she knows is her favorite person.

She adores her "sissy and bubba" ( who she sometimes calls "Wet") She is so happy when it is time to go get them from school or when she wakes up to find that they are home. She loves to play in their rooms and snuggle with them in their beds. And they adore her... except when she messes up their rooms by dumping things out. She loves to go visit Papa, Kay-Kaaaay! and Say-wee across the street. She loves her cousins Mit-nee (Whitney), Scahlet and her Sue Sue and says their names over, and over, and over when she sees them. She is a little awe-struck by Kelton and Nunana and acts a bit shy with them. She can't say everyone's name in the family but she knows them. She loves We-ah (Maria) and Ashey (Ashley). She seeks out James, Robby or David in a crowd. She is pretty good at wrapping people around her sweet chunky little finger!

She would live outside all day long if we let her. She loves to jump on the trampoline and play in the fort. She recently discovered the "wadoo" hose outside and is quite fond of getting wet. She is going to love playing in the pool and the sprinklers this summer!

She is fascinated by " the buhds (birds) outside", blowing "boobles", and digging with her little green shovel. She can climb on and off the trampoline by herself. But she is not a tom-boy. No sir! She is a girly girl to be sure. She is still obsessed with my lipstick. I don't have a necklace she hasn't tried on a dozen times. She usually says "Oh, how pitty!" after I fix her hair and wants to go "model" for whoever is here. She loves to dress up and put bows in her hair. She loves her boots, purses and hats.

She loves shoes more than any person I have ever known. She rarely wants a toy when we go shopping, but if she sees them, she always wants a new pair of shoes. This could be dangerous someday! She is not a quiet child. She has yet to find her "inside" voice. She loves to run and hide. She loves to make everything a game. She makes us laugh many, many times a day.

She also loves her school, Bible class, and all her friends. She hardly ever cries when we drop her off. She is such a blessing! She is my sweet Ella Kate and I thank God for her everyday. It is a joy to be her Mama.


So I guess I better start planning my last two year old's birthday party!
Have I mentioned this is all going way too fast?
Yeah. Thought so.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

How adorable! Your EK stories and pictures remind me so much of my daughter's third child, our younger granddaughter, who turned two the end of April. They would make quite a dangerous, but lovable,twosome!

Enjoy your time with her. I look forward to more stories and pictures!

jettybetty said...

That's another of your K-rated blog posts. Yeah, they grow up way way too fast.

Meredith said...

She is soooo precious! What a blessing!

Jacinda said...

What a sweetie!

As always, your post about EK makes me so anxious for my own little 3rd baby! I love seeing my future just a little bit through your eyes!