Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bird's not the word

Yesterday was our first official morning of summer. Kolby spent the night away so it was just Rhett, EK and me. Rhett asked if we could get donuts for breakfast with a coupon he got from school to mark the first sleep late morning of summer. So we did.

EK loves NO-Nuts! She was covered in sticky so I decided to put her in the tub. I noticed that she had little red spots all over the right side of her back that seemed to be spreading. Since they didn't look like bug bites and since one or two looked like they were blistering, I called our pediatrician's office immediately. They said they could work us in if we could be there in 30 minutes.... and since it could be CHICKEN POX please come in the back door. CHICKEN POX?

Since the office is a good 20 minutes from our house I had to run! I yanked EK out of the tub, put clothes on her, put her wet hair in a ponytail, sent Rhett across the street with Sari, put on a clean shirt and ran out the door. Mid-way to the doctor I realized I had no make-up on and had barely brushed my hair! Motherhood has taken away most of my pride, but even I sometimes get embarrassed when I realize what I have gone out in public looking like. OH WELL!

The good news is EK does not have chicken pox. She just has very sensitive skin and a weird unknown viral rash. We also learned that she has an ear infection and possibly a sinus infection. But, thank goodness it's not a virus! And we did get an RX! I'm so glad we went in. Poor EK! She can not stay well for long, can she? Thankfully she doesn't seem to bothered by this ear infection and she doesn't have "chicken pops" as Rhett calls them.

We were all relieved that our summer didn't get off to a fowl start(he-he)... Aside from watching baby birds Junie and Bee yesterday. By the way, we named the other bird "Bee" for three reasons: 1. It was the second born (a,b) 2. EK calls the baby birds "bee-bee birds ow-side" 3. Junie B (Jones) is one of our favorite characters! :)

Today is the first day of summer mothers-day-out. The kids are so excited. Rhett is old enough to go with the "swimmers" every afternoon so he is pumped! Kolby is happy to hang with friends and get to swim too. Ek is just happy to go period. Poor EK lost a toe nail though right as we walked in the door this morning. He little sandals offered no protection when mommy accidentally hit her big toe with the church door! She cried a little but was such a trooper! I on the other hand almost lost it while cleaning the blood off her barely hanging on little to nail! I'm a toe murderer don't you know, but usually just my own toes! I feel so bad! However, after two hello kitty band-aids, some peroxide and antibiotic cream, and lots of Mommy hugs, EK was good to go! She was so proud of her bandaged toe. (Love that our church has a well stocked first aid box and sweet Emily to help make it better!) Never a dull moment!

Now for four precious hours I have the house to myself. PRAY that I can get everything I need to get done done before the floor guys come at 1pm and the bug guy comes at 3pm! Our house has been out of control since the flooring started Easter, or maybe even before. One of my main goals is to get it back under control ASAP so I can get organized, have things run a little smoother, be able to find everything, and maybe even be able relax a little bit this summer!
So off I go!

Happy Tuesday Bloggies!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Steph you have another blog just about the birds -jk

elizabeth said...

Matthew always called them No-nuts! We still call them that from time to time!

Laura said...

Did you get my e mail?