Friday, June 27, 2008

My little sister

My younger sister turned 30 today. (Whoa! Nothing like that and the invitation to my 20th High School Reunion taped to the frig to make me feel like I have earned the little gray hairs creeping into my hairline. Seriously!!! Does this mean I am a grown-up?? How did that happen?)
Anyway...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARI!
I still vividly remember the day you were born. I remember that it took ALL STINKING day for you to arrive and you broke Mom's tailbone on the way out. I remember that as thrilled as I was to have a sister, I was worried that the nursery workers switched you. I was so sure you were going to be a boy (although I wanted a sister) and with your dark skin and thick black hair you looked nothing like any baby who had been born in our family! In fact you looked like you belonged to the Hispanic family who was waiting all day for their baby who just happened to be a blond haired and blue eyed boy! But Mom assured me that she saw you the minute you were born and you really were my sister! :) I'm so glad you are my sister!

I can't wait to see what the next thirty years will bring! Love you!


The birthday girl!

We celebrated Jim's birthday too. (just 20 days late) He's got skillz!

Opening gifts... Jim has a handful doesn't he? :)

Ella Kate learned to sing "Happy Birthday!" Sari got it on her camera. I'll have to see if I can upload it. EK was really wound up and so cute singing for us. Just 8 days until her own big 2 year old birthday celebration!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARI! Now you are in the big 30 year old club with me! I haven't seen you in so long! I hope all is well for you!

Susan - said...

Happy birthday to Sari!

That picture of Jim with Rhett and EK in his lap is great. He is a keeper.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the b-day blog :)

Unknown said...

Ohh and thank you to Susan and Lindsay for the birthday wishes