Monday, June 02, 2008

And then there were two...

I went outside after lunch today and saw Papa bird looking for seeds.

I checked to see if someone was watching the nest and saw this!

I took one more picture holding my camera way up in the air then went inside to get a better view.


I took the rest from inside.







I don't know what happened to the egg. One minute it was there and the next it was gone!


If you read this blog in the next two weeks, be prepared for lots of bird pictures! I am so fascinated with our incredible view into the lives of these Mourning Doves! My kids are excited too, but they have nothing on their Mama when it comes to loving to watch our little feathered friends. Here is a little video in case you wanted to actually see them move! :)

7 comments:

Leeser said...

This is so cool! The nest is so pretty- what is it made of with the little star/leafy looking things? God's creatures are so amazing!

Anonymous said...

birdie said...

These pictures are amazing! You should send them in to some bird watcher site.

6/02/2008 4:23 PM

TMK said...

So cute! Great pictures.
I haven't been to visit in a while so you may have had the new design for a while, but I love it!

SG said...

Thanks TMK! I love playing with the blog skins.

Lisa those star shaped things are weed like flowers that grow in the little drainage stream behind our house. Rob chopped tons of them down a few weeks ago. They are pretty in the nest!

Leeser said...

What are you going to do when they leave? You will be an empty-nester!!

SG said...

Lisa,
I put up a bird feeder yesterday. We are a bird haven now! No shortage of feathered friends here! I think I could sit and watch birds for hours...if I only had those hours! :)

Meredith said...

I love all the bird pictures! It's so fun to see how fast they grow up.