Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Craigslist comes to town

OK. I was told today that craigslist has been here for a while. But I just discovered it this week... And I found a doozey of a deal!

I have been talking about re-doing Rhett's room for over 2 years now. We have the bunk beds and I bought the bedding off of e-bay long ago.(It's still in the box) I have known Rhett wants a "sports" room from the start. But, I just couldn't think of anything that would give his room that certain "oomph!" I want it to have. You know, that thing that inspires you to do something really fun and creative? Something that not every other boy's sports room would have? I searched high and low but I just could not find anything to inspire me... until today.

Today I found the "oomph" for Rhett's room for the bargain price of $50.00 and two van trips. Take a look...







Yes. You are seeing three sets of green lockers straight out of an old school building. I bought the two shorter ones for Rhett's room. The tall one only cost $20.00 and is for our garage. Can you believe that????:) All of these lockers for $70.00! THANK YOU CRAIG!

I have so many great ideas of how we are going to incorporate these lockers into something unique and fun for Rhett. And yes. As with every other project I have going right now, it will take time, and hours of sanding, priming and painting. But I can't to wait to get started on this!

Problem is I already had three or four other big projects in the works before I got these lockers. Seems that my "projects list" is too long for my "no time for projects" life so things get done slowly, too slowly. Since we can barely walk in our garage right now, Rhett's room re-do may get bumped up to the top of the list!

Actually I am chin deep in another huge project this week which I will blog about later. But, if you are in the area and would like the locker info, leave a comment or just check out Craigs list for yourself. Look under furniture & search for "lockers." If there are any still available, the listing will come up.

I'm so excited to find Craigslist locally. I much prefer to get big things locally instead of on E-bay or by mail order. But, after having to move these three huge, heavy lockers in an out of the van today, (never underestimate the cargo space of a mini-van!), Rob threatened to block access to Craigslist on my computer. Now why would he want to do a thing like that??? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your plan to put these in his room? Does he have a really big room? I saw these and thought they were cool but don't know what I would do with them.

SG said...

No. Rhett's room is not big, but he has big heavy bunk beds on one side so I needed something to balance it out on the other side. I hope to paint these to match the new colors in his room. I also want to put his desk in between them. I just think they are fun ..and I can cover an entire wall for very little $$.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I think Rhett's room will be awesome. I decided to look up Craigs list for my area. I saw a "dining table" for $20. So I looked at it and there was a picture of a card table and 4 folding chairs! Ha Ha! I guess that is a dining table for some but does not meet my criteria!