Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blog?

What blog? Oh yeah, I have a blog! Sorry I have not been a very good blogger lately.

If you could see my house right now you would understand why I am not blogging. Our living room looks like a construction zone...again! Actually, some area of our house has been in "construction mode" off and on since October. I'm starting to get used to it. I barely remember what it is like to have a "finished" house. (Is there ever really such a thing???) I am not griping because I am the one who keeps thinking up more to do. I'm almost afraid our "normal" has become this weird chaotic limbo of half finished projects and temporary "construction zones" scattered across the house. Not my ideal "home" at all! So I have tried to buckle down and get something knocked out around here.

The good news I think I have successfully re-built the entertainment center into two separate functioning pieces of (massive) furniture. The bad news is that the paint isn't sticking to either of them the way I had hoped. But maybe I can put the saws and nail gun away and just trip over the sander and other paint paraphernalia for a while! :)

This week I sanded the lockers for Rhett's room. I finally have a great plan to finish that big kid sports room we have talked about for so long. Truth be told, Rhett's room has never been "finished' since he made the jump to his big boy bed years ago. I just couldn't get inspired. Besides he is a boy and seemed OK with it "just sorta done." But Rheyy also likes to have things just so and does not like the boxes that have been in the corner of his room since the floors started back in March. Can you blame him? Rhett also likes little talk and lots of action. This morning I was asking him what color he wanted something and he said "Mom please no more plans, just do it!" He is so his father's son! (And that is a good thing!) Anyway I hope to get a lot done in Rhett's room next week while Kolby is at camp. We will see.

Oh... and we have a 2 year birthday coming up in a week or so! Can you believe that? I am so in denial that I haven't done much for this b-day. I have to get that girl to a photographer and get into a "2 year old Elmo birthday party" frame of mind.

The days are getting away from me. Where has June gone? This was supposed to be the easy month. I'm not sure it has been. :)
More later!
Need to run to Home Depot for the 5th time this week!
The lumber and paint guys know me by name.
Go figure!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! No wonder we haven't heard from you in blogworld. You totally have an excused absence! By the way, we got your cute gift today for Halle Grace. I'm going to post a pic of her in her new duds, so stay tuned. Thank you so much - she LOVES it! :)
Now get that house finished so we can all ooh and ahhh over the pictures!