Friday, September 17, 2004

34 for those who are 34

I bless GOD every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise.
I live and breathe GOD;if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy:
Join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out.
GOD met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears.
Look at him; give him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from him.
When I was desperate, I called out, and GOD got me out of a tight spot.
GOD's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray.
Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see--how good GOD is. Blessed are you who run to him.
Worship GOD if you want the best; worship opens doors to all his goodness.
Young lions on the prowl get hungry, but GOD-seekers are full of God.
Come, children, listen closely; I'll give you a lesson in GOD worship.
Who out there has a lust for life? Can't wait each day to come upon beauty?
Guard your tongue from profanity, and no more lying through your teeth.
Turn your back on sin; do something good.Embrace peace--don't let it get away!
GOD keeps an eye on his friends, his ears pick up every moan and groan.
GOD won't put up with rebels; he'll cull them from the pack.
Is anyone crying for help? GOD is listening, ready to rescue you.
If your heart is broken, you'll find GOD right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath.
Disciples so often get into trouble; still, GOD is there every time.
He's your bodyguard, shielding every bone; not even a finger gets broken.
The wicked commit slow suicide; they waste their lives hating the good.
GOD pays for each slave's freedom; no one who runs to him loses out.
Psalms 34 The Message

1 comments:

Clarissa said...

Thank you for that. Somehow reading scripture has fallen by the wayside these last few weeks. That was a breath of fresh air, and so comforting.