Wednesday, September 01, 2004

It had to be a God thing

OK fellow bloggers, against my better judgment I am going to post this because...well, maybe I'm supposed to.

The last few days/weeks, there have been some very intense but private unbloggable things on my heart. Blogging has become such a "vent" for me that tonight I typed out the following little ditty just trying to get a perspective. . .

Creamed corn.
Creamed corn.
My heart is covered by a non-bloggable storm.

Creamed corn.
Creamed corn.
Have you ever wished that you could take a vacation from your body or your mind?
Some storms know no borders, and will not stay behind. No place for refuge can I find.
I wrestle it into a box and throw away the key, but the tricky ole storm always works free.
Do I hunker down and stay here, hoping for an end? I am starting to wonder if this is an eternal wind.

Creamed Corn
Creamed corn
A brand new phrase that seems well worn.
(I know, I know! Emily Post is definitely safe!)

In truth I would never have posted these silly words, but it gives you insight into the wrestling match going on in my brain and the name I christened the struggle with ..."Storm".

I then went outside and prayed under the stars. I was brainstorming and ended just begging God to save us from this "storm". I used the word storm specifically several times. BUT for some reason I was drawn back inside to my email box. I read a few, returned a few, then came to a fwd from my Mom. I love my Mom, but some of her fwds are a little too "Pollyanna" for me. I rarely read much (if any) of them. But tonight I did. Here is the last line of her e-mail.....

> "Stop telling God how big your storm is.
> Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Coincidence?
I THINK NOT!
Just wanted to share that!
We serve an awesome "BIGGER than the STORM" GOD who reads our posts while they are just drafts. Amazing! You think God will leave comments? :)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Thanks for the reminder....I wish it was as easy as reading comments to hear what God is trying to tell me!

Donna G said...

It is hard when blogging has become a way of venting of sharing the hurts and frustrations as well as the joys we go through daily when the storm inside us can't be blogged about. I have experienced the same thing. I pray that your storm will listen to just how big your God is and leave you peaceful in its wake.

But I do love the Creamed Corn poem. BST will be proud.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! GO, CREAMED CORN!!!!!

John Owens said...

SG, please go and read my post from last night titled, Psalm 104. I don't even know why I posted it. I've been thinking about deleting it all day, because it seemed to be very random and to not make much sense. But it seems the question I ended with was the answer that you found. Pretty cool.