Sunday, September 26, 2004

One Game, Two Restaurants, and a Wedding!

Friday was a better day than it sounded...I wrote my post after the paper route and before going back to sleep for an hour or so. I guess I came across a little more "grey" than I intended. But I love the comments. I hope you take a second to check out my friend Holly Kirby's new blog. Holy is a friend from the ACU days. She is quite a writer as I recall. Welcome to blogworld Holly!

About last week...The tragedy experienced by the Martin family has truly affected me, as it has many people who have heard about it. My cousin Ashley and I decided it touched us so deeply because it hits so close to home. Mike Martin and his wife are the same age basically as we are. Their kids were our kids ages. This type accident can happen to anyone at any time.

My heart still hurts for Mike Martin, and even though I barely know him, he has been a constant in my thoughts and prayers this week. I don't expect that will change any time soon. BUT I also realize that none of us are promised tomorrow. God challenges each of us to live life to our utmost each day. Some days it is harder than others for sure, but the charge is always the same. He calls us to rise above our situations and feelings and soar. With that in mind, we had a great weekend!

The Ranger game was great, even though they lost by 1! We were exhausted when we pulled into the hotel at 11:35pm, but it was a good exhaustion. Rhett enjoyed the game though he didn't like the noise. He is very sensitive to sound. Rhett can't stand fireworks because of the boom. Needless to say when Jordan hit a homer and the fireworks went off at the
ballpark, Rhett wanted to go! But we stayed and he says he loved it! Kolby had a great time too. Like her Mama, she enjoys the atmosphere and the excitement of the crowd way more than the game. I spent most of the 4th and 6th innings taking walks around the stadium... which is fine with me!

Saturday we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel, went to a few malls, drove by our old neighborhood, and ate a very late lunch at
The Cheesecake Factory. Kolby ate her first ever cheese cake and loved it...Surprise, surprise. I could write a whole blog about The Cheesecake Factory. From sweet tamale corn cakes, to garlic mashed potatoes, to 30 different kinds of cheesecake, this is hands down my favorite restaurant! Yesterday we all split a slice of " Adams Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake" OH MY GOODNESS! It was love at first bite for all! Then we were off to ride the little train at Northpark mall and "do" the disney store before heading to my cousin John Dunaway's wedding.

John and Kris planned their wedding at the
Dallas Arboretum for a year. God blessed them with perfect weather! It was a very pleasant 74 degrees as John and Kris married in the picturesque setting of the botanical gardens with a backdrop of the sun setting over White Rock Lake and the Dallas Skyline. It was beautiful!

This family has seen sorrow. The wedding was all the more special because it was the fullfiilment of so many dreams for all involved. It is about time the Dunaways were able to experience JOY! John had some problems as a teen. His Father passed away several years ago from cancer. His mother Anne has been a pillar of strength and love. I was as happy for her as I was for Kris and John. Kris was a beautiful bride! It was a great family moment. My kids went nuts the instant they saw their cousins and I was grateful we were outdoors. The kids dominated the dance floor during the reception. About 9:30 we were all so tired, we had to leave before the cake was cut and drive home to Waco. It was a great weekend!

Now back to reality... Not that reality is a bad thing. Rob and I have been stressed out over some things, but all and all, God has given us a very good life teeming with promise! He has blessed us with each other and two precious children. I imagine Mike Martin would tell us what a blessing that is... and with that in mind, I am off to scrub my kitchen floor with a smile on my face! Have a blessed day
!



3 comments:

Susan - said...

I had the same problem. It looks very strange. I want to hear the rest of the story.

Donna G said...

yep, me too! Not only is the blogger wart zipping your counts, he is deleting part of your post..,. strange

SG said...

Sorry guys! On my computer it all looks normal and is all there. I e-mailed the blog people. Really there wasn't anything too exciting!