Thursday, September 16, 2004

Thursdays

Thursdays are the days when McKenna and Rhett are both at Mothers Day Out until 2:30. Basically I have 4 hours and 45 minutes to myself. It is my doctors appointment, haircut, errand running, PTA, Lunch with Rob or friends,Church work day. Problem is all week I think "I'll do that Thursday" so much that my "Thursday list" is too long. There is no way to do a weeks worth of "stuff" in 4 hours 45 minutes.

So today I decided "No more!" Thursdays are my day. Sometimes I will choose to do errands, PTA, or other things. Instead of piling my Thursdays full however, I am going to try to get everything done before Thursdays so I can truly enjoy the day. This is not going to be easy for me decause Thursdays have been my do-it-all day ever since Kolby was two. Also, I feel selfish. However I am reminded by the mirror, my stress level, and even a few of you that I need to take some time for myself. Otherwise I burn out and can not be what I need to be for everyone else. It is a needed thing. So here's to Thursdays! Hope you all have a great day.

3 comments:

Mae said...

Good for you Stephanie! I think that taking time for yourself is THE key to doing whatever you do on a daily basis and doing it well. Kick up your feet, enjoy a nice nap, read a book, get your toes done or just sit and enjoy a quite house... Happy Stephday!

Susan - said...

Good for you! I hope you really do it and absolutely enjoy it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.