Monday, September 06, 2004

This and that

Ever read your own blog?
Today I took some time and just read some of my earlier posts. I wonder what I would think of me if I just knew me through these words? It made me think of some things I should tell my blog family.

First an update...
My Mom spoke to Nick's parents a week ago. They are doing remarkably well. This is hard for all of them but they are admittedly more spirit filled than ever. Bill told my Mom that he never thought he could live through loosing Nick but he has, and as much as it hurts, he is OK. In fact, thanks to Nick, he is closer to God than ever. He also told of three other families he has been in touch with in his community who have lost teens since we lost Nick. He said he never thought he would be able to minister to strangers in the midst of such pain, but he can now and is! Thank you God for all that you have done in that situation. It truly is of YOU!!

Deby Evans has been moved to Scott & White Hospital in Temple. She is breathing on her own but having a hard time communicating orally. Her long term prognosis hasn't been talked about around me. Her family is still so grateful that she woke up and that she obviously has a high level of brain function. We are praying for the best for Deby!

In other news. . .
Rhett has yet to cry when I take him to Mothers Day Out! This is a miracle!!! I have felt so good about him lately! Yesterday on his real birthday he got a train table and lots of "Thomas" tracks and engines. I have never seen a child play with something for so long. I will have to rearrange his room to get that big thing in there but I think we will tire of it in the middle of the living room soon! We are getting geared up for the big party next weekend.

Rob shot an 89 in golf this morning. He is so pumped about it. He loves to go play with my uncle and cousins. (And not just because they have a corporate membership & he plays free.)They all get along really well and have a great camaraderie. I think he enjoys my family more than I get to at times! As hard as moving here was and still is, I am so glad we are here.

I am about to embark on a major body transformation stage. (yeah, a diet!) This is not something I want to blog about yet, but don't expect anymore Bluebell, Mexican food, of FRIED salad recipes from this blog any time soon. It's like I have a clutter tolerance for weight...I can go so long and then I just have to do something about it. Pray for me because this is so against my nature. Discipline is not my forte!

Speaking of, Kolby is doing much better. I think it's hard to be a kid. I forget that when I see how easy and fun my kids lives are compared to mine now, but there should never be a comparison! Kolby is so much like me at her age. She is sensitive, curious, and mischievously independent! She is also very sweet and loving. She has been so patient with Rhett lately, more so than I would have been at her age. Ah the peaks and perils of parenthood!

Well, I now have some LABOR to do around the house. Hope all are having a great holiday weekend and are safe from the awful east coast storms! Take care!

1 comments:

Donna G said...

Good luck on the "major body transformation" FYI me, TL and Serena are on Weight Watchers, so you do have a built in support group. I too have gone back and read my blog and wondered if I would know me from that.... I doubt it, just like we don't know you totally, but the glimpses you give us let us know we like you. We probably have a lot in common, My mom calls the noon meal dinner too. All my life I have longed to laugh, and clap and shout with joy at church. It is taking my group longer to get there, but its great to know there are people out there...