Friday, September 03, 2004

The Storm



Last night I blogged about my political preference. Even though I still strongly back Bush, I can't help thinking that the people of Florida have much more on their minds and hearts right now. Politics just seems so irrelevant in the face of such things. I noticed Jeb Bush was absent from the crowd last night, which is as it should be. I am praying for the people of Florida today. I pray this storm dissipates and turns away from heavily populated areas. I am amazed at the size and strength of this storm. Will Frances be one for the record books? I hope not.
Frances


My mind seems to be preoccupied with several storms lately...Frances, the stormy atmosphere of this election year, and my own personal storms. Yes, my God is bigger than all these storms. My mind knows this. Still sometimes contemplating all these big storms and an even bigger God leaves me feeling very small. I wonder what my part in all this is?

Does anyone else ever feel that way? Just wondering...

1 comments:

Donna G said...

Oh yes I sometimes feel so small and so confused. It would be great if we could predict when our storms are coming so we could board up and brace ourselves.