Monday, October 24, 2005

264 my ...

Hate to cut the Halloween parade below short, but I have one of those stories I have to get down somewhere. This blog is my "gotta write that down" place.

Yesterday morning Rob and I were in our bathroom finishing getting ready for church. Rhett was in our room. Rob had just dressed him. We are having a little cool snap here,(PRAISE THE LORD!) so Rhett was finally getting to wear a long sleeve shirt. He was oh-so happy about it and was dancing around in his cool new long sleeve shirt.

Rob and I were just chatting along when Rhett came in and asked Rob "Daddy, is this my 264 shirt?" Puzzled and thinking we had heard him wrong we both asked "Your what?" Still he asked, "Is this my 264 shirt?" He repeated the question two more times before I got it and died laughing. Rob was still in the dark so I said "Yeah Rhett it is, sing it." Rhett started gyrating all over the bathroom in the funky- disco-meets-break-dancing way that only he can, singing "I'm two sixty four my shirt, two sixty four my shirt, two sixty it huuurrrttts!"

Rob and I were laughing so hard we had tears! We were late to church. Apparently this song is on the "Far Far Away Idol" special feature at the end of the Shrek 2 DVD. Rhett loves "Far,Far Away Idol!"

So my four year old is "two sixty four his shirt!" "So sixty" in fact that my sides hurt from laughing and I can't stop smiling when I think about it. I pray he doesn't know what the real version means for at least another decade or so, but in the mean time we will have fun with this 260 thing! These are the days!

8 comments:

Susan - said...

I wish I could have been there. That is hilarious!

Jenni said...

I admit, it took me a minute to get this one....Rhett is too funny!

Donna G said...

I had a "dense" moment, thought this was another of those "country" songs I didn't know....then it clicked!

Hilarious stuff! I wish I could have seen the dance moves.

SG said...

Perhaps I should have said "Read this one aloud." I added links for all those who stil don't get it.

I'm 264 my blog,
264 my blog
262 clog!

Having a good Monday? :)

elizabeth said...

Oh, my. That is hilarious! I have a feeling that story will be told at family gatherings for a very long time!

jettybetty said...

Some things are just worth being late to church over--and this has to be one. Will you ever let him live that one down? I mean in a couple of decades when he knows the real words?

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest/funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I could not quit laughing. I laugh just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing it with us. Jana

Jacinda said...

That's really funny!