Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Too busy to blog

I don't know what it is about this time a year but, we seem to be going 90 to nothing all the time! I looked up at the calendar last week and realized we have something every weekend until January. Not that I am complaining because yes, it is all optional. But I don't want to fall into one of those "too busy to live" coma that has me up early, running all day, and going to bed in the next day just to get by. It's very easy to fall into that this time a year and on into the holidays. How do you beat the "busy bug?" Just wondering....

Here are a few shots of all the things we did this weekend.


Rhett's soccer games...He scored 7 goals last night...not that we are keeping score or anything...but WOW rob and I were both a little shocked and awed... seven goals! (Forgive the proud mother hen thing as I'm just a rookie soccer mom!) I think I see many, many years of Saturdays at the soccer field ahead.


The Hewitt Fire Department had a fun Fire Safety Week Open House with games and fire truck rides. Fireman Joe (the father of another 2nd grader at Kolby's school) was there and showed us all around. I think it is so neat when that the fire station does this every year.

The library at Kolby's school has a literary pumpkin painting contest each year. This is Kolby's "Princess and the Pea" entry. She and I worked long and hard on it and it turned out really cute IMHO. ( OK, I confess I wanted to throw it out the patio door when the eyes kept falling off and peach paint was tracked in the carpet!) It is fun to watch Kolby work on something and get so into it. She reminds me of someone... oh yeah, that chick I saw in the mirror this morning! :)

Happy Tuesday!



3 comments:

Jenni said...

In answer to your question - I don't slow down very well. I decided to take a break from being "in charge" of a lot of things this year, yet I feel like I am busier than ever! Lots of trips out of town and things scheduled practically every night of the week. Oh well.

That pumpkin contest sounds like so much fun! And Kolby's princess is so cute. Good job!!

Mae said...

Tell me you... uh, I mean she won a prize for that!!! Beautiful!!!

P.S. Where was the that warning I needed about mixing a bad speller and a teacher???

SG said...

Jenny ~ I have to say I was a bit envious of one of your last busy times... Wicked, Zoe, Homecoming, Suessical, all in a two week time span... I love that kind of busy! :)
Mae ~ Believe it or not the pumpkin was a lot more Kolby than me. We bought the eyes already made, she cut and paste the mouth and body from my hugbug clipart all by herself...I cut it out. The wig, crown and bed we had. She painted the pumpkins by herself except for the nose.(Thus the paint is now on my table, countertops and floors!) The matresses are just tissue paper stapled over batting...again she did over half of that. Just giving credit where it is due! :)

As for spelling and teaching.. why do you thnk I stick with kindergarten? :)