Monday, May 12, 2008

Sparks of insanity..

This weekend was a little different for me. On Friday morning Ella Kate and I went to the park with Kolby's class. They were having a park and skate day. Later they went skating and Rob was able to go to that.

Friday night we did something different. Rob is a fan of Jeff Dunham and has followed his career since college. When Rob heard Jeff Dunham's Spark of Insanity Show was going to be in town, he hinted that tickets would be a great early birthday present. Robby and Maria were game, so we got tickets about a month ago. Friday night we got a sitter, went to dinner and made a night of it!

The show was....well, different from any I have been to live. I laughed very hard, even though I felt guilty for laughing! JD's puppets are the most politically incorrect characters you can imagine... but somehow that was just funny! I was going to post a video from YouTube, but I try to keep this blog rated G, or at least PG. So if you want a guilty laugh or two follow these links. That last link is to Walter. I swear I know the real life version of this puppet! I was shocked by the number of kids who were there. This is not a family show by any means. Dunham's opening act was Brian Haner aka "Guitar Guy" He was funny, but man can that guy play the guitar! Mid way through his act I leaned over to Rob and said "He makes me wish we had Guitar Hero" which is the PlayStation Game our kids have been talking about non-stop since the neighbors got it.

So guess what I got for Mother's Day?

But, before you guess, I should explain that I told Rob that he and the kids didn't need to get me anything for Mothers Day this year. Since Rob finished painting our bathroom for me Saturday(Yeah, that project has been going since November!) and was cooking lunch for me and my Mom Sunday, and since the kids had all made presents for me at school, I felt that was all the Mother's Day I needed. Besides, I have been spending a lot of money lately trying to get the house back together. (I am about to order a rug for the living room, I bought a new cabinet, and I am still contemplating new drapes, paint and eventually a new couch.) Besides that EK almost shoplifted a purse which I ended up buying for myself just a few days ago. (That story could be a whole post by itself, but I'm not ready to relive the whole incident just yet!)

So Saturday night Rob, Kolby and Rhett walked in from the store with huge grins on their faces. Rhett couldn't wait to show me the gift they got "the family" for Mothers Day.... Yep. Guitar Hero III ! Not exactly what I expected. Not even sure I want Rhett and Kolby playing it, but they are the only ones in the house who know how! Different kind of Mothers Day present to be sure!

After the Guitar Hero surprise Saturday night, Rob and I were glued to the set to watch the 48 Hours show on Kari Baker's case. (You can watch the entire episode here.)I thought they did a good job. I know I am biased but I tried to watch the show pretending I didn't know a thing about it. I think if I had never met Kari or followed this case from the beginning, I would have still thought Matt Baker is guilty. It's so wrong for him to be able to enjoy the life he took from Kari. I don't like feeling this way. It's a different I don't like. I pray for justice for this family.

Another not so different (for us lately anyway) thing happened this weekend... Miss EK has been running fever since Friday night! Saturday night she was up from 1am to 6am and therefore so was I. Needless to say EK and I missed church on Sunday. I don't know if I have ever missed church on Mother's day since becoming a mother. It was strange. But I had to sleep and EK and I both slept until after 11Am. That is very different for me! Hopefully EK's fever will be gone when she wakes up today and we can chalk it up to some random virus.

It's another busy, busy week in our house with field trips, field day, Teacher Appreciation Week, PTA meetings, Rob's big audit at work, Kolby's dance recital, birthday parties, Rob's birthday, Grandma coming for a visit... WOW! Guess I better get to it!

Happy crazy May Monday bloggies!

1 comments:

Leeser said...

I got it for Christmas! Steve got me Guitar Hero III, and my sister got me Guitar Hero II, so we have 2 guitars- perfect! Start practicing and we'll get together for a "jam session"! Haha!