Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not exactly absent

Officially he was absent. But because he felt up to it, Rob went ahead and took Rhett to the Zoo with his class for 2 hours and then brought him home. After he rested, Ella Kate and I took him to the park where he re-joined his class for another hour. Rhett wanted to ride the bus back to school with the others, but I decided he had had enough for one day and we went home. Good thing. The minute the Motrin wore off his fever was back and he felt terrible. Rhett is home again today. After a long night of having fever and then having it break he is feeling better. If his throat would just stop hurting he would be good to go. He has been on Motrin and antibiotics (shhh... don't tell!) since Tuesday so I'm hoping we are close to the end of this.

I felt a little guilty letting him go yesterday, even for a just few hours. His teacher, who is my good friend, said she would have done the same thing so I don't feel too guilty. At least, given the circumstances, Rhett was able to have as much fun as possible and didn't miss his self proclaimed "best day of Kindergarten."

Dad forgot to take the camera to the zoo but here are pictures from the rest of the day.
Dad and Rhett after the zoo.

Waiting for the jumpy.

Letting little sister play.

We love Mrs H!

When Rob went back to work I had no choice but to take EK with me yesterday. She had a blast. I tried to keep her with me but she broke away a few times and loved running with the big kids. Someone needs to tell her she isn't even 2 years old yet because she thinks she is 6!
I'm big enough to hang with my big brother!

EK loves this slide!

BTW Ella Kate is feeling much better. She almost slept through the night last night and has not had fever for 24 hours. The few remaining ulcers are still hurting but I think she is definitely getting back to her sweet self. (It's about time!:)

Someone is missing from these pictures... It's Kolby! She has been taking TAKS test for most of the week. To avoid catching a virus, she has also spent the last few nights at Mama K's. Kolby is very happy to finally have all three 4th grade TAKS test behind her! She thinks she did OK. I 'm sure she did but praying she is right just the same! This has been a weird year for Kolby. Even though she hasn't said it, I think she is happy to see it coming to an end. Actually, for her, I am too! We are all looking forward to a more relaxed summer schedule. I'm also praying to be blessed with a very mild summer temperature wise!

In other news... The floor guys finished the tile (again) yesterday. Even though these last two guys were the nicest, most courteous installers/workers I have ever met, it is so nice not to have workmen in my house this morning! I hope to get this place cleaned up and be able to get to the fun part of pulling my home/decor together in the next few weeks. I think a trip to Canton may be in order!

Last night I spent three hours pruning things in the backyard. No. It is not "pruning season" but it had to be done. Do to the floors, illness, and a flurry of misc. things that have needed my attention, I have yet to spend much time in the yard this spring. When I found myself alone and outside with shears in hand, I could not stop! It was very dark by the time I came in. It felt good to get out there and accomplish something. The back and front yards both need SO much attention! Our neighbors are probably ready to kick us off the street. Hopefully we can get to it before the weather gets too hot!

My plan for this weekend is to do as little as possible outside of the confines of our home and yard, while dong as much as possible within those confines! And. to. sleep. Five nights of little to no sleep have left me grumpy and on edge. Nothing like a weekend (without any games to get to! YEAH!!!!) to take that edge off!

Happy first day of MAY!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Glad the kiddos are feeling better.

Cooper had Mrs. H. when we lived there. She's awesome!

Leeser said...

If you go to Canton, take me with you!

Anonymous said...

1) Meredith! Hello! I think about you often. ;)
2) Stephanie! I love your playlist AND your pictures. I'm a shutterbug affectionato. (I know that's spelled wrong, but my online dictionary won't fix it for me. lol) And I so appreciate others that take advantage of that blessing as well.
3) I just got your voice mail. I hate that our email isn't jiving. Do you have any other choices besides yahoo? ;)

Meredith said...

Hey Shannon! Hope your kiddos and family are doing well. =)

SG said...

Lisa
Canton for this month started yesterday. I so want to be there but can not get away... AGAIN!!! Maybe next month?

BTW Canton had a small tornado this morning but apparently is didn't do enough to stop business as usual. That is so like Canton!!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie.....I sometimes click on your blog and if nothing is new.....just minimize and listen to your tunes. VERY good selections. ;)