Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mourning dance

If you have not heard or read about the horror that struck Stephen Curtis Chapman's family last night you can read about it here. Yesterday I also read about a family in Dallas that had the same thing happen to them the night before. You can read that story here.

Stories like this... there just aren't words to express the sorrow!
I love this Stephen Curtis Chapman song Cinderella that was inspired by his daughters. Today I listened to it with a different heart. I can almost see a little girl dancing in heaven as her grief stricken family is thrust onto the long, hard, winding road we call "survival." I have known too many families that have been down that road. Only Jesus is enough to take all the pain and emotion that will follow. God bless them all!

Thank you Lord God for being "close to the brokenhearted" and for "saving those who are crushed in spirit."* Please wrap these families in your arms and don't let go. If humanly possible please someday let them take a measure of comfort in knowing those sweet babies now dance with you.
*Psalms 34:18

This is a really cute video of Stephen Curtis Chapman with his daughter.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

My heart is heavy today for these families. I cannot imagine such tragedy. May God hold them extra close today...

Julie said...

It's just heartbreaking, and terribly sad, and unfair. I hate that this is a fallen world where death has to be part of our lives. And I long for Heaven where there is no more death and no more tears. May Jesus come quickly...