Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Looking back

Just three more "school" mornings! I can't believe it. Rhett will be a first grader and Kolby will be a fifth grader! And Ella Kate is less than two months away from being two years old! How in the world?

Last night my big family got together to celebrate my Aunt Sue Sue's birthday! We all got sitters so the adults could go to ShoGun Japanese Steak House. Afterwards we got our kids and met at my Mom's house for cake and presents. Sari and I made a slide show for Sue Sue of her life in pictures. (At least the pictures we had!) She loved it. One of the many things I love about my aunt is how she is always so appreciative of anything you do for or get for her. She always takes on so and makes you feel like you gave her the best present ever! Last night was no exception.
Here is a little taste of the slideshow we made. Yes, I have the most beautiful Aunt!


Anyway, Sari and I had a lot of fun putting the slide show together. It was so neat to comb through old pictures of my Grandparents and see us all grow up again in photographs. It's left me feeling rather sentimental... which means I better wear waterproof mascara for Rhett's Kindergarten graduation Friday! :)

Happy last week of school!

8 comments:

Susan - said...

That was beautiful.

Meredith said...

She is beautiful and such a sweet spirit who loves her family somethin' fierce!

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Mama Sue! My Dad also turns the big 6-0 this year.

I, too, was fine until I made my slide show last week. Now I am a sentimental wreck! I will be ready for the long good bye this week to be over!

Enjoy your week!

SG said...

Elizabeth, I'm pretty sure T-sue is just 39! :)
The real slide show was about 80 pictures. I can't stop thinking about all those memories. I'm really setting myself up for Friday! Rhett however sees this as no big deal. He is ready for summer, baseball and lots of swimming!

Laura said...

LOVE the slide show! My dad turns 70 this summer and I might just do that for him!
Send me your email address and I'll do my best to answer your Aunt Do Do question!
lkstewardson@yahoo.com

lauren said...

Ever since I had Scarlett in class last year, I thought she and Thomasue looked so much alike, and seeing this slideshow makes me think they do even more so! That was a neat slideshow, and I enjoyed seeing all of those pictures of y'all! Good luck this week! (And I just realized I forgot to email you the pics...I will get them to you asap!)

Michele said...

That was a beautiful slide show. You are very talented!

lauren said...

I've tried to email them to you twice, but it won't go through. Would you like for me to just make extra copies for you? I don't mind doing that at all!