Thursday, May 29, 2008

Elementary lasts

Yesterday was the 4th Grade Awards Assembly at our little school. Kolby did so well this year and received 4 awards. She said it was no big deal, but we are so proud of her! She has overcome a lot to get where she is and deserves to be rewarded! This was Kolby's last Elementary Awards Assembly. (sigh)




This last picture may be a bit silly. As I sat in the pick-up line at school today I realized this was the last time I will ever be able to pick Rhett and Kolby up at the same time from the same school, so I grabbed the camera from my purse and took this shot. (Rhett gets out a few hours earlier than Kolby because of his graduation tommorrow.) Don't they look hot and tired! K had a kickball tourney most of the day.

Evidently I'm not the only sentimental Mom. A little girl in Rhett's class was picked up by a limo today since it was her last day in the Kindergarten pick-up line..... My picture doesn't seem so silly now, does it? :)

Tomorrow is the last day Kolby and Rhett will ever go to school together. I have loved having Kolby and Rhett at the same school this year! I'm not sure they would admit it, but they have really enjoyed going to school together. They always talk about seeing each other in the halls or outside. Rhett watched Kolby's kick ball game during his recess today. Kolby always takes care of notes and cafeteria payments for Rhett. They look out for each other and have fun talking about different school events or what was said on announcements. I'm going to miss hearing them talk about school. Can you tell that I am really sad that they can not be in school together longer?!

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm afraid I will ugly cry.
Must stop thinking about that and wrap teacher presents!
Happy next to the last day of school!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Our Blogs are looking alot alike these days. You would think our kids go to the same school or something!
I am afraid of ugly crying tomorrow too. I guess we can find comfort that we will not be the only ones doing so. Here's to a great year and wonderful teachers!

SG said...

Our comments look alike too!I said the same thing a few minutes ago on your blog! Made me laugh! That's a good thing!:) Always good to have a fellow kleenex holder in the crowd!

HW said...

I know what you mean. It is hard to see these changes. Since we are in a consolidated district, we had a few years where our kids were in different TOWNS because the older kids go to school 7 miles up the highway. Each milestone is hard. Each milestone is precious.

Meredith said...

I already have the tissues packed in my purse for me AND Scott. Cassidy is off to middle school next year and it seems like yesterday she was in kinder. sniff, sniff!

Julie said...

We don't get out until next Tuesday. Ughhh! We are so ready! I've pulled Grant out early twice this week to go do fun summer stuff! :)

I did the ugly cry when Garrett and Halle Grace finished preschool...when I finished preschool...forever.
So glad you have EK to keep you young! Whoohoo for babies! :)
Boo for middle school.

Susan - said...

We had our school's carnival/play day today. I was so busy I did not even stop to think about it being the boys' last day in the same school. I may cry now. I think I am in denial, really. I am just not ready for Jonathan to be in "intermediate school". Ugh.

Nellie said...

My husband thought I was silly for taking our granddaughter some little flowers for kindergarten graduation. Just wait 'til I tell him that someone had a limo pick up a child!

Enjoy these precious times with your children. I love seeing your pictures.

Happy Summer!

Amy S. Grant said...

I love the new look of your blog! Congratulations to Kolby for wrapping up elementary school in style.

Next year my girls will be in three different schools - I haven't figured out how that's gonna work yet.

I hope my older two girls won't miss each other too much. They are only one year apart in school, so this is a first for them to be separated. I don't even want to think about that!