Sunday, January 30, 2005

All Skate!


I am working on plans for Kolby's birthday party. We are renting a church activity center. This church has rollerskates for kids from kindergarten through adult, so we are turning their gym into a roller rink. (We are truly getting our moneys worth out of that mirror ball I bought a few years back!) ANY WAY, I am trying to make a list of fun songs to skate to and have burned on a CD.

Below is my list so far, (which totally dates me!!!) but I want suggestions! I just can't think of skating songs?? Help me blog friends! What do you think a bunch of 5-8 year olds would enjoy skating to? What did you skate to once upon a time? I need help!

1. YMCA
2. Boppydoo ("Trashing the Camp" from Tarzan)
3. Various from The Kim Possible &The Ella Enchanted Soundtrack
4. Disco Duck
5. Hokey Pokey
6. We will, We will Rock You

3 comments:

Beaner said...

Shake Your Booty is a must in my house. Almost any disco song works for roller skating. I remember when the local skate place by my house was called 'Disco Wheels' & then in the mid-80's they changed it to 'Dancing Wheels'. Kids love Disco - it usually sounds pretty silly & is very danceable!!!

Mae said...

The Shrek and Shrek 2 soundtracks are fantastic. My niece (age 8)loves any Kids Bop c.d. on the market. I used to roller skate to trashy 90's music ~ Bel Biv Devoe, Vanilla Ice, Boyz2Men, TLC, even Van Halen and of course Lynard Skynard, but I DO NOT recommed it for any 5 - 8 year old or 18 year old for that matter. I'd bet that the soundtrack to Footlose (I couldn't remember the name of that movie to save my life ~ actually had to call the sis for it ~ is this what mommy mush feels like?!!!) would be a great hit too. Beach Boys and some 60's era stuff would be fun and clean as well. Hope that helps!

Susan - said...

I will date myself (and my sister) by saying that I recently bought an Earth, Wind & Fire CD and my sister said that "Boogie Wonderland" reminded her of the skating rink growing up. I would think almost any KC & the Sunshine Band song would work. And I agree with whoever mentioned Kidz Bop CDs, my boys love those! Sounds like fun.