Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hallelujah and pass the creamed corn

Well I have to share the words that brought me to absolute sobbing tears tonight. I just read the update on Mikes blog. Please go there and read it for yourself, but I'm about to ruin the ending for you. I was fine through all of it, even the Megan reference, but these last words...

I'm fighting back tears as I tell you that my son appears to be all right. Thanks, Mike
Well it sent me over the edge. Can you imagine what the last 24 hours have been like for Mike, Diane, Matt & Jenna and all the family? Then you reach that point of releif, that hesitant and not to confident point of releif. All the worry, all the fear, all the "will he ever be able to?" thoughts just over load the emotions as they lift. Thank you God for helping Chris heal and helping them all cope... COPE how appropriate that name seems! God bless all who have prayed so hard. Don't let up!

A big helping of creamed corn is on my plate today... but that is so preferable to what could be... I am very blessed and very grateful...creamed corn and all! Good night sweet blog land!


1 comments:

Susan - said...

I had tears in my eyes too at that ending. What a enormous sense of relief he must have felt when he was able to write those words. I kept checking Mike's blog yesterday for updates, but also to see just how many people left comments and from where. It was amazing and inspiring to see.