Monday, January 10, 2005

It is finished

Ok my big secret is out of the bag!! (Not that it was a secret to blog world because I mentioned that a friend and I were redoing the teachers lounge over the holidays.) Today the teachers went back to find their "stark white walls, no color, no art, no homey feel" teacher lounge completely transformed. It took A LOT of work, but the sound of my friend Alain's voice on the phone this morning made it all worth while. "Holy COW!!!" she said as she called me from school to tell me the reaction to the big surprise. My "before" pictures are still in the camera, but my friend and cohort Shae Dickey took these after pictures last night as we finished it all up.
This is what I did over Christmas break.....


Notice the new floor.


Dark beige and an "ink drop" navy stripe cover two walls.


Added some "funk" above the eletric blue cabinets.


New curtains, valances, tables and decor.

New desk area


new curtains





the ugly corner


I want this bookcase!
So anyone up for a room makeover????

2 comments:

Mae said...

What a GREAT JOB!! I know they must all be so thankful to have such a caring PTO mom. How sweet! :)

Susan - said...

I noticed a mirror over the doot. That room was definitley decorated by Stephanie Grosz. Looks great!