Friday, January 28, 2005

Because of Winn-Dixie

Last night Kolby and I read the first eight chapters of this book by Kate DiCamillo. I cheated and finished the book after Kolby went to bed. The book has been around for years and many consider it a "new Classic". It's only 182 big print pages, but it's story seems to go beyond that.

If any of you are looking for a good book to read with your kids I highly suggest it. I only wish it could have been a little longer... but part of the fun is writing the rest of the story in your mind long after you have put the book down. I have been thinking about India Opal all day today! Someone said this book has been made into a movie and will be released soon...so hurry up and grab a copy before the big screen blows it for you! :)
Because of Winn-Dixie

0 comments: