Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Mommy Moments

Indulge me as I share some Mommy moments with you...

Kolby is enjoying Upwards Basketball Cheerleading for 8 weeks. Last night I asked her how practice went as she climbed in the van. She said "Good. Did you know cheerleaders are supposed to yell and jump and act hyper, even inside?" She was quite amazed that I signed her up for this gig!

Yesterday when I asked Rhett how school was... "Let's just talk about your day Mommy. How was shopping?"

Kolby upon finishing her AR book the other night. "Mom do you take a test after you read your blogs?"

A few nights ago Rhett wanted to "lay down for a little" in our bed. We sang a few songs, read a few books and said a few prayers. Rhett then said he was going to sing a song for us. Sort of to the tune of "Jesus loves me"
Mommy loves me, yes she does
Daddy loves me, yes daddy loves me
I sleep in their bed all night!

I laughed all the way to Rhett's room where I deposited him in his bed for the night. But nice try.

Last night Kolby and I were doing Eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses as I tucked her in. At butterfly kisses she said "That tickles but I am going to be brave and not laugh" ... Just cracked me up.

This morning Rhett told McKenna to eat her Pop-tart so she would be "big and strong with stinky breath."
"Stinky breath?" I asked
"Yeah like Mommy's and Daddy's in the morning" as he pretended to smell my breath and plug his nose.

Pardon me while I go brush my teeth!

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

That is hilarious! I'll have the tic-tacs handy when I meet you.

Mae said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to join the ranks. :)

Susan - said...

Gotta love being a Mom. It has to be one of the most entertaining jobs ever. Miss you guys. Come see us!

Matt Elliott said...

"Indulge me as I share some Mommy moments with you..."

Indulge YOU? Sheesh! Have you read MY blog?!? I owe everybody in the world about 14 hours worth of my time just listening to them talk about parenting. By all means, take all the blog time you like! :-)

You & your husband couldn't possibly have worse breath than my four-year old, by the way. It's something other-worldly.