Friday, January 07, 2005

Secrets

I can not blog today because everything on my mind "Is a secret" CREAMED CORN!

I have a love/hate relationships with secrets. I am a great secret keeper if it is not MY secret. My "secrets" unnerve me. Unless it is for something like a really great surprise, I usually don't like to make things secret. I have pulled off many a surprise party in my life and those were very fun secrets. I have also had to carry some not so fun secrets around before. Bad secrets are awful. The sooner they can be dumped, the better. But good or bad, I seldom let a secret go until it's time.

Rob, on the other hand, can not keep a secret at all! Of course he knows when to use discretion and bad secrets are safe with him, but other secrets are as good as told when he learns them. He even has a hard time keeping Christmas and birthday presents secret. It is sorta a game with us now... but with Rob it is an endearing quality. Other people who blab before it is time get on my nerves.

What about you? Can you keep a secret?

10 comments:

Donna G said...

Oh, I love secrets! And I can keep them forever. But I hate knowing someone has one and won't let me in on it. I am just wired that way. So, what's going on??????

Clarissa said...

I'm not the best secret-keeper in the world, but the few people I tell are, fortunately. You've piqued my curiosity ....

Mae said...

Hmmm, I wonder... Your's truly is having a very similar difficulty... and it's driving me bonkers! :) Glad to know that you can keep things "in" though!!!

Susan - said...

I am with DJG, I love to be in on a secret. I can keep them too. So spill it. Seriously, I know that can eat at you and be very difficult. Good luck. If you need to talk, you know how to reach me.

Beaner said...

I'm thinking that you're pregnant, but haven't been to the doctor yet to confirm it. Do you deny???

Mae said...

I like Beaner's idea!

SG said...

oh Gosh no! I am not preggers but that is part of my secret. Two friends are and I am one of the only one who knows becasue we're not telling yet!!!
The other secret I will be blabbing about all day Monday! Till then I want to hear your fun secrets.
A secret about me.......

I have three kidneys!

What about you?!

Clarissa said...

I have three heads! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm good with other people's secrets (because I forget them). I tell pretty much everything I know about myself. Well, I guess there are a few things I haven't told...

Deana Nall said...

OK...I'm friends with one of your friends so I have a phone call to make...