Saturday, February 18, 2006

BRRRR Chilly!


Today the high is 34! Wednesday it was 85! No wonder everyone I know is either sick, getting sick, or just getting over being sick. Humans weren't meant to live in such diverse temperatures in the same week!

Rhett is feeling much better. It's like he has been storing all his energy up from the last six days and now we can't get him to stop! I'm feeling better too. I actually got out of bed last night for the first time in two days to take a shower. Today I even put clothes on(ok sweats) before noon. But poor little Kolby, who has been such a trooper this week by dealing with us sick, being dropped off and picked up by a different person everyday, and having to take that awful tasting Tami-flu liquid twice a day, woke up this morning with a fever. Then she got sick. She has another stomach virus!!! Will we ever all four be well again?

I wish we were all well and going to Abilene for Sing Song this weekend. I really wanted to go this year. I always love Sing Song and would love to visit Highland and worship with Zoe Sunday morning!!! But alas we are here sick for the second year. Maybe next year? Do I dare even hope we will be well by then?

On a brighter note I visited the ACU website and looked through their centennial scrapbook. I found a picture of my Grandaddy on the 1927 tennis team! I was so excited that I called my Mom and she confirmed that yes that was Grandaddy! We had never seen this picture before so I felt as if I had found a little treasure. Of course at the time the picture was taken grandaddy was anything but! He was only nineteen or twenty years old and was so tan that he looked Latin! My grandaddy always had a movie star quality about him. Isn't he a looker!? Grandaddy went on to play what would now be considered professional tennis for a few years. Anyway, it was neat to find this picture. Grandaddy was a huge part of my life, and still influences who I am today. Even though he died ten years ago this March, I think about him all the time. I am very blessed to be Thomas Caskey Livingston's grand-daughter.

So I guess that's it from here. Hope you all have a great weekend. Try to STAY HEALTHY & WARM!!!

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

I enjoyed looking at the scrapbook! We picked up the Burford siblings many times on the way to church. Mabel used to have her hair perfectly braided on the top of her head and I would just stare at her and wonder, "How did she DO that perfectly even though she was blind?"! I guess if Ray Charles could play the piano, Mabel Burford could braid her own hair! ;)

What a great picture of your grandfather. He looks like your mother.

Beaner said...

Wednesday's high - 53
Saturday's high - 15

I woke up this morning & it was -2.

Sounds like Spring where you are!!!!

Jenni said...

That is so neat! Sing Song was good, but it was bbrrrr freezing there too -- it didn't get above 20 all day Saturday.

courtney said...

What a fun picture to find! A few months ago I found some pictures on the internet of my dad when he was in Sub T at ACU. I had rarely seen pictures of him so young, so they were fun to find. Have a great week! Try to stay warm.....then cool.....then warm again!

mom23 said...

What a great picture! I agree with you, its a treasure. Tracy

SG said...

Elizabeth~ My Dad has so many stories about the Buffords! He had two as professors in college. They must have been amazing!

Courtney~ My Grandaddy was a subber! One of the first. Isn't it cool to find things like that!

Jenni~ I am patiently waiting for you to blog about this weekend at ACU! You or Brandon or someone! How was it?