Monday, February 20, 2006

Is it March yet?

I am officially ready for February to be over! Thank goodness there are only 8 days left! This has been the most non-healthy month in our family in a very long, long, long time.

Today as I readied to leave my house for the first time in a week, I realized my left eye looked funny. Even though I haven't put make-up on in over a week, I knew I couldn't be that out of practice... Then it hit me, red "cracky" swollen eyes with a bit of crud.... PINK EYE! I almost laughed as I called the nurse at my OB GYN's office to ask if it is OK for me to take the same drops prescribed for Rhett last week. The nurse said "My word! I have never pulled a chart so many times in one week!" It's to the point of being embarrassing! Luckily, Vigamox is safe for pregnant people and I should have clear eyes in a day or so.

The other reason I am fired up about February ending is that we get to have our sonogram on the 28th! I am so excited! Next week I will be 20 weeks and half way to my D-day! We will also know if the little bundle that is starting to make it's presence known is a girl or a boy! I will confess that I am sorta hoping for a girl. OK, I am really hoping for a girl! I will be happy either way of course, but if God let me pick, I would pick girl. I can't even really explain why. It probably has to do with my having a sister, my Mom having a sister and coming from a family of mostly girls. I'm very ready to find out though!

Since we are finding out next week and telling what the gender of the baby is, Rob and I decided not to tell the name. Rob wanted something to be a surprise. ( Rob is being a very good sport about finding out this time after all! In fact I think secretly he is glad that we are...though he would never admit it!)

I am glad we are not telling the name because we are having a hard time deciding, and it might be an after we see her/him decision. My sister-in-law had sort of a bad experience with telling the name before her son was born. They made it clear they liked the name Drake and that is what they were going to name the baby. For some reason my mother-in-law and her family decided they didn't like that name and really tried to talk them out of it. My nephew is named DRAKE. We feel perhaps people are less likely to offer their opinion of a name already given to a baby, so we are going to go the less stress/ more surprise route. Of course that doesn't mean I won't be welcoming suggestions as soon as we know next Tuesday!

Must go pick up Kolby from Baylor. Even with pink eye, I'm glad it's Monday and the start of a new week! Have a good one blog family!

5 comments:

Donna G said...

Good idea on the name thing....Mary got a precious blanket with the name "Sam" monogrammed on it. At one time she was thinking about that name but ended up with Matthew. Fortunately it was able to be "re-done"

Good luck. These are exciting times!!

Anonymous said...

Dalton gave me pink eye for Easter one year. I'm not a fan of the snotty eyes!

elizabeth said...

We decided not to tell the name with Matthew. It was such a pain to keep secret and Bryon let it slip a few times with different people. We decided with the other two that we were too lazy to keep it a secret!

Amy S. Grant said...

It's funny that all three times we had the girl name for sure and were never really set on a boy name. We ended up with all girls. I'll root for one for ya, evidently there's something with me & girls!

Speaking of names, I can't remember if I dropped one over here or not. Anne Stricklin is a friend of mine who I think said she knew you from either ACU or Waco? I forget who's where in blogland, but it is fun to make connections like that! She found my blog through you guys and we've gotten back in touch.

SG said...

Yes, I knew Anne from ACU and Waco. More from Waco though. We had a wild week of teaching VBS together and we also worked on Ladies Retreat together. They moved just before she had her second little girl. Such a sweet Christian wife and Mom!