Monday, February 06, 2006

Weekend

For the first time in forever we stayed home most tof the weekend. Of course this was in part because of Kolby's stomach virus, but it was also Rob's first weekend since November not to have a basketball game.There were no birthday parties. Since she was sick, there were no basketball games for Kolby. It was so nice not to have anywhere we had to be. It was also great to see Rob all weekend long! Of course next weekend is jammed packed as usual for all of us! Just three more weeks until basketball is over for us all...Then we start Softball and T-ball!

A few weekend Highlights...

DIET BLACK CHERRY VANILLA COKE ~ Though I am trying to limit my caffeine, this drink is making it hard. I love it and somehow a bottle jumps in my cart each time I am at the store. I love Diet Coke. I never liked the lemon, lime, cherry or vanilla types of the past, but I love this one! Of course by the time I can really enjoy it 6 or so months from now, they probably won't be making it anymore. I'll have to stock up!

SUPER BOWL 40 ~ Who cares? I mean I guess the good people of Pittsburgh and Seattle care, but they are so far away from here that it just didn't seem like anyone I know was into this one. I didn't even get that big a kick out of the ads this year. We had a great time going over to a friends house and eating pizza and doing the super bowl thing but I didn't get one bit excited until ...

GREYS ANATOMY ~ CODE BLACK!!!!! I almost cried when I realized that it was going to be continued until next week! How can they do that to us??? I'm just glad we only have to wait a week and not until next season. My fondness for GA is fast replacing my devotion to the women of Wisteria Lane. Why does Sunday night have to be my favorite TV night...Actually it's my only TV night. Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and now Gray's Anatomy have me considering a DVR. I never watch TV so that is just nuts! But still, though I love these shows, I don't want to miss out on Sunday nights at church. We are having a Love & Logic series for parents and classes for kids. DVR?

THE PARTY ~ It's all planned, booked, and invitations were in the mail Saturday. I even got to sneak to Target to do some birthday shopping Saturday. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope the secret doesn't get out. I can not tell you how relieved I am to have a plan. Thanks for all the cool ideas. I will come back to these in the future I am sure. (For SJ ~ See comments 13 & 14 from last Thursday for the plan)

I have been feeling really pukey today but I'm praying it is just one of the last waves to prego nausea and not the dreaded stomach virus that Kolby had. Her room still isn't all the way back together! Did I mention we actually had to take her bed apart to get it all cleaned up? Luckily I have mastered the art of puking on target, so even if I get this, it can't be that bad! OK, that was way too much sharing!

Guess that about wraps it up!
Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Susan - said...

Well, what is the plan?

Donna G said...

I am glad you went with bowling...easy plan for the pregnant mom (and it was my suggestion....)

Puking on target...your skill pack just keeps getting larger!

SG said...

Thanks DJG! It's nice for my skills to be appreciated.

We are excited about the bowling party. The way we are making it a surprise is by telling K we are taking her and her cousin bowling for her real birthday and having a party later when it is warmer.

Deana Nall said...

I tried the regular black cherry vanilla Coke and it tasted like it had cough syrup in it. Maybe I need to try the diet!

elizabeth said...

I must admit...the only reason I watch DH is to have conversations with my friends about it. I just don't get the addiction like many of my friends have.

Now GA on the other hand....

Beaner said...

What happened to your other post? I thought it was good. Did I offend? I hope not! (I was the 1st and only comment, so I don't know if there were any others - I've had a busy day.)

Susie said...

Hi Steph! So good to see ya again. I'm a little late, but huge congrats on your impending arrival. I'm just too excited for you!

BTW, I'm a diet black cherry-vanilla addict, too. Hello, my name is Susie and I'm a diet black cherry-vanilla addict. ; )