Tuesday, February 28, 2006

IT'S A ...

AMAZING what doctors can do with technology today! This morning we had our ultra sound and were able to see two arms, two legs, two kidneys, a stomach, a baby swallowing and a steadily beating heart. You have no idea the peace of mind that gives me!!!!

Then the ultra sound guy asked if we wanted to know what we were having. I said yes and Rob laughed.

The ultra sound guy zoomed in, measured, and pointed out various body parts.

Then I realized we were looking at two legs connected to a bunky.

I started staring as hard as I could between those two legs.
Having had countless friends with ultra sounds I knew that something resembling a turtle tail is a boy while as something that looks like a hot dog bun is a girl...

Rob and I both strained..

The ultra sound guy kept zooming in ...

And there it was...












A hot dog bun











"IT'S A
"
I shouted with glee, stealing the ultra sound guy's line. And it is! She is! I made the ultra sound guy look from every angle possible. And it was a hot dog bun to be sure! We're having a girl!!!! I even asked the ultra sound guy if he were me would he feel confident in going home and painting a room pink...And he said "I sure would!" So it's a girl!!!!!! YYYEEEEEHHHHAAAWWWW!

We came home to tell Kolby (she is here with the flu and a temp of 102) "I am finally going to have a sister!" She is so happy and all smiles despite feeling like crud! Kolby loves babies and has been dreaming of having a baby girl to dress up and play with. She will be a wonderful big sister!

Rhett will find out as soon as he gets home from Mother's Day Out. Last night he said he thought it would be a girl. He then asked if it is a girl could he have bunk beds? ;0 He told his friend Haley this morning that he was OK with it being another sister so he wouldn't have to share his cars! He will be a great big brother!

I LOVE KNOWING THAT WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!!
I can not wait to get started pulling this house together and making room for Baby Girl!

Thank you God for this seemingly healthy little girl growing inside me! Thank you for her life! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It's a great day in our little house! Just wanted to share the exciting news!

16 comments:

Jacinda said...

Why am I crying?!?! I am happy for your healthy baby and happy that you can start decorating now. Yea!

TMK said...

I love it! I got goose bumps reading that. CONGRATS! on her being healthy. I will continue to pray for her healthy growing and for you. God is good! What names are you thinking?

Jenni said...

That is so exciting!!! Congrats!!!

Donna G said...

I just realized how totally PINK your blog is!! Congratulations!

Little Donna will be so happy in your home....oh, that wasn't one of the names you had picked out? Hmmmm....

Clarissa said...

I'm so glad for you -- glad the baby is healthy, glad it's a girl. Enjoy preparing!!

Mae said...

WWWWHHHHOOOOO~HHHHOOOOOOO!!!! I KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO BE A SHE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I guessed wrong but I'm VERY happy for you!

Susan - said...

A bunky? What the heck?

Congrats again!

Amy S. Grant said...

Congratulations!! Have fun with all the pink. I'm so happy for you!

Susie said...

Oh GOSH! I'm so very excited for you! I know you know already, but girls are so much FUN! YAY! : ) : ) : )

Donna G said...

I guess I have become an expert of sorts in sonograms (so much room in there) but I can see a lot in these pictures!!

Hoots Musings said...

Thrilling news, thanks for sharing!
The baby looks GREAT!
Congratulations to all of you.

Susan - said...

She is going to be another little Rob, don't you think?

Deana Nall said...

Congratulations! We're very pro-girl at our house. We didn't know what Julia was until she got here so we had a lot of fun decorating Jenna's nursery very girly after we found out with her.

Happy hot dog buns!

SG said...

I'm still smiling! Thanks for all the great comments so far. It occurred to me that this is my first BLOG baby! Her whole little history is being recorded on the world wide web. WEIRD!!! But so fun! SJ You have to know what a bunky is! Didn't you ever do "bunky busters" on a trampoline or off the diving board? We don't have butts in this family...we have bunkies. Rob had to get used to this word when we marrried, but now he even says it from time to time...and HA HA HA HA! After watching the sonogram movie last night that is exactly what Kolby said... "She's gonna look like Daddy isn't she?" :) They always do! I don't even care! I'm just so excited to meet her in 19 or so weeks! But WOW, do I have a long to-do list to get done before that.....

Darren Duvall said...

Dunno about that "look like Daddy" thing, our third is a girl and she is a clone of momma. Voice, laugh, looks...well, not temperment but close enough. People who knew Marci as a child are astonished at the resemblance.

Which means that all I contributed was the temperment. Heh heh heh.