Sunday, February 26, 2006

You don't have to love sports

to LOVE this story. My cousin sent it to us and I had to share. It's been going around the networks and the internet for about a week. I couldn't help but smile! Check out this CBS story...

CBS ran an incredibly powerful story that brings you to your feet and just keeps on giving each and every minute into it. Jason McElwain, an autistic high school basketball team member in Rochester NY, served as the team manager and spirit coach for several years. On the final game of the season the coach let him finally put on a uniform with the rest of the team. Watch what happens then... See this wonderful story here.

10 comments:

jettybetty said...

This one reminds me of Lyndon LaPlante and his touchdown last fall. I cried for both!

jettybetty said...

Sorry, I see the link won't work--Lyndon is a senior at Keller High--he has down's syndrome and the coach put him in to make a touchdown--if the link would work, everyone could cry twice today! *wink*

The story about the basketball player here is really touching!

Beaner said...

Cry? I am absolutely bawling!!! I had to show my kids that one too! Thank you Stephanie - we need more stories like that to share!

elizabeth said...

Bryon told me about this a few days ago, but I didn't get to watch it until last night. I am already trying to figure out how they will make a movie out of it!

Darren Duvall said...

Linked to you about this story.

Now everyone who reads my blog (my mom) will get to see this video.

Thanks, Steph.

Amy S. Grant said...

I just love this story! I'm with Elizabeth - hope they make a movie about it (and give that boy the proceeds!)

Jacinda said...

That is amazing!

TMK said...

I love that video. A friend of mine was telling me about it, but to watch the video of it, AMAZING! Love it. Thanks for posting it.

Susan - said...

That was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing it. I sent it to my sister too.

SG said...

A friend called to give me the heads up about this story running on ESPN's Sport Center today. You may want to check that out.

JB~ I remember the La Plante story from this fall... I love that story. I'm not the biggest sports fan, but stories like this make me see why people love these games!