Thursday, February 23, 2006

Stuff

Some days I read other blogs and know that nothing I have to say could be better.

Abilene's Highland Church of Christ is mourning the loss of a sweet sister this morning. I am especially moved by what Grant Boone had to say about this loss. You might want to read it. Mike Cope and Val are also paying tribute to this wonderful Christian woman.

Switching lanes completely, Darren Duvall gets to the root of "The Port Thing" over on his blog today. Totally agree with him on that.

My home preacher Jim Martin has been reading McLaren lately. He has some great questions on his blog.

Then there is just me. Not anything too profound or earth shattering to report. Hoping the sick season is almost over for us and looking to next Tuesday when we have our sonogram. Rob and I lay awake talking about names last night. I have 6 or 7 girls names I really like. Maybe one boy name. We talked about how easy it was to name our other two. Once we thought of their names, which was pretty early on, that was it. No questions or hesitations. Hoping that will happen again this time.

Two nights ago Rhett crawled in my lap and said " Mommy I don't want you to get old and yucky like Nana and die." I didn't quite know what to say to him. I can't promise I won't die. I can't promise I won't get "old and yucky." It made me a little sad to think that he is to the age where he thinks about that sort of thing. I told him that I didn't want to get old and yucky and die either, and that I would never leave him if I had a choice. Not sure that was too comforting, but he seemed OK with it. I love that little boy! Is it because I am pregnant and he is not going to be "the baby" anymore that I am feeling especially close to him? Or he is just so stinking sweet and cute that I can't help it? :)

I didn't think Rhett was very affected by Nana dieing last month. Not that we tried to hide or conceal anything from him. He was in the room with her hours before she died and at the funeral home afterwards. He just seemed more interested in playing with his cousins at the time. But since then, he has asked a lot of questions and made a lot of statements about people and animals getting "old and yucky and dieing." You can see the wheels turning in his little mind. I hope we are handling it all in a way where he is able to accept death as a natural part of life. As Christians I don't think we are meant to fear death.

Well that was bleak! Didn't mean to be!

I think we just may see the sun today for the first time in a week! I'm ready for sunshine, but not quite ready for the heat! Hope you have a great Thursday! :)

4 comments:

SG said...

So what are you supposed to think when you get a really sweet comment and find out it is really just an ad for xanax??????

Beaner said...

You're supposed to think it might be time to add that word verification thing because you're bound to get more!!!

SG said...

Well Beans, (I have been calling you that for a while in mind) you may be right, but I would rather risk a dozen unwanted comment ads than turn on word verification! I really can't stand it! In fact I think I stopped commenting as much when so many in blog land started using it. This is maybe the third ad I have had in 2.5 years and I have never used WV. Shout out to DJG and Elizabeth who also don't do the WV thing! :) Thanks girls!

Mae said...

Freakin' hillarious!!! I call her Beans too!!! Great minds, huh?