Thursday, August 26, 2004

August 26th

Blogger-wart be gone! I have not been able to post since Tuesday but I think it is working now!

Deby Evans is going to go back on the breathing machine because her body is working to hard. She is still stable but sleeps most of the time. Please keep her in you prayers. She and her family have a long road ahead of them...Praise GOD! We were so worried that the road would be all too short! My next door neighbor, Carrie Driscoll, is going to take over as Mrs. Evans permanent Sub on Monday. She is the answer to many prayers! Carrie is wonderful and I would love to have her as my child's teacher. If anyone could handle this hard and delicate situation it is Carrie. Say a prayer for her Monday. God has been incredible in the unfolding of this story. We serve an awesome GOD!

This has been an emotional week. Busy! Fast paced! Exhausting! I am ready for the weekend. All in favor of a four day work/school week say Aye.......

Today would have been Megan Copes 20th birthday. I found myself wondering what life would have been like for the Copes if she wasn't gone and it was too painful to even think about. BUT THIS I KNOW... Megan was an incredible person! The flaws in her body and brain could not stop her from communicating and loving. I was one of the lucky ones who got to share a small part of her special life. I have many memories of her, most of which make me laugh, a few that make me cry.

Nine years ago today Diane had a birthday party for Megan even though Megan was celebrating her 11th birthday in Heaven. Many who knew and or worked with Megan gathered at the Copes to share stories and celebrate her life. I took a guy I was dating. Half way through the sharing time I looked at him and saw that he was crying harder than just about anyone in the room. He never even met Megan. I had suspected he might be "The One" but in that moment, I knew. Rob has never forgotten that night in the Copes living room and neither have I.

Megan's influence can not be charted. It is no exaggeration to say that her life touched 1000s of people. AMAZING! I never want to do or say anything to diminish the grief that was felt at her passing. It was horribly tragic and it rocked many, including me, to our very core. BUT a tragic death is not what I remember most about Megan. A crooked smile, an amazing and surprising sense of humor and a very gushy MMMmmmWWHA, these are my favorite memories of Megan. She was so expressive, though by the time I met her, she had few if any words. The excitement she showed every time Mike and Diane walked in the room, her satisfaction at getting that something she wasn't supposed to get, her curiosity, and on occasion her temper were very evident to all.

I could go on, but I think Mike and Diane could do a far better job of telling Megans story. I hope that someday a book about Megan will, like it's subject, come bursting out into the world touching all who know it and changing us all for the better.

Happy Birthday Megan! We miss you! I may have to go have a Butterfinger Blizzard in your honor today!

Dear God,
Thank you for the amazing people you have given me the honor to know. There are so many! You are an awesome God for sure. Please lay a tender hand on Mike and Diane today as they relive some bitter sweet memories. Please continue to shelter Deby Evans with your healing touch. Each day is so precious. Each life we come in contact with is so fleeting and precious. Lord help us all to say the words and the show the emotions that let the world know how awesome you are. Thank you for our lives and our time here to learn to love you more! In Jesus Holy name, Amen.