Thursday, August 12, 2004

Kolby's Blog


By Kolby (We are wearing rainbow hats)
Kolby wanted to blog for me today. Since she can't type "too fast or anything" I interviewed her and put my fingers to the test. Fastest blog ever!

Me: What did you do this summer?
Kolby: We went to Dallas to the hospital to see Nick on level four. Then Kenzie wanted to eat lunch with us but she did not like seafood. So we to "Saghetti" Warehouse and then we got to eat and play the games but they were all 50 cents and we only had 50 cents and Gum balls were 25 cents. Then we got lost but you said we were not lost and we went back to the hospital and played in the family room. We wanted to sell cookies at a cookie stand but Bit would not let us. Then we went back home. It was a fun day to me but later it was a sad day.
Me:Didn't you do anything else this summer?
Kolby: We went to the zoo in our swimsuits. I did my recital in June and it was hot in that place,but I danced good in my swan but I messed up in my tap...
Me: You didn't mess up.
Kolby: Mom this is my blog. SO (very determined with her hand on her hips) We went to 6 Flags and a wedding and we went to Denison. And we went swimming and I spent the night with my Grandmother and then we only stayed for one night. and we got a new Wal-mart and a new HEB. ...(thinking)...And we went to the libraries on some Wednesdays but Rhett was scared of the magic show fire. And we did firecrackers on the forth of July with my cousins and we did pops. Rhett was scared so he stayed home with MamaK for the big night fireworks by the river and Daddy didn't want to get so close but you did. so we walked a lot and they were loud. (Starts to walk off)
ME: Was it a fun summer?
Kobly: (Comes back and gets in my face to say)It was a very very very very fun summer.
Me: Anything else you want to say?
Kolby: No (as she hums theme to "Stuck in the Suburbs" and starts pulling her school supplies out of her neatly packed back pack).

Hey she isn't supposed to be doing that! I better run!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Susan - said...

Hey Kolby,
I came to visit you this summer. That was fun too, wasn't it? We took Daddy to see Shrek 2 yesterday and I lost my tooth! And I mean really lost, like we couldn't find it. I sent the Tooth Fairy an email and she came anyway.
Jonathan

SG said...

Jonathan (from Kolby)
You lost it in the movie on the sticky floor? How much did you get from the tooth fairy? Was it Toothfairy.com? I had lots of fun with you when you were here. i ammaking a picture to put on my blog so log on later. Kolby

Susan - said...

Kolby,

Check out my Mom's blog for the complete story. (The floor was actually pretty clean for a movie theater.) Eighth tooth? Wow, that's a lot.

Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Kolby,

I am glad you had fun this summer. It is amazing how fast this summer has flown by. I hope that next summer we can do even more. This time we can include your brother in lots of events. Thank you for doing me justice in the picture and giving me hair! I love your 6 year old preception of life.

Dad

Mae said...

Beautiful picture and blog post Kolby! Souds like you had a bery busy summer! :)