Monday, August 16, 2004

School Daze


School days, School days!
My sister is a Kindergarten teacher! Not at Kolby's school but at another one near by. WOW! She found out last Friday around 3:00pm. School starts in the morning and Blast-Off is tonight. My Mom and I were dedicated to helping her get a good start after some hard teaching times in the past. The teachers and staff at her new school are so sweet and felt so sorry for her having to get a classroom/curriculum/ EVERYTHING ready over a weekend. They were all very helpful, Bless them! Despite the mountain of things that had to be done, last night when Sari and I left her room at 11:57pm, it was ready! If I were her principal, I would be VERY impressed!

Today I am going to Kolby's school for the Welcome Back Luncheon. I stole a few hours from Sari's classroom yesterday afternoon to go to Kolby's school to set up. It looks really cute. We are doing a bug and flower theme based on the poster I shared a few posts ago. Give me a theme and I go wild. The other mothers gave me the blankest looks when I pulled out my brand new sand box shovels to use to serve salad... The poster says "Dig In"! I think they think I have cracked under the pressure of the weekend. Hate to tell them but, this is how I always am! Needless to say, these have been some hard working days. Long days! I am ready for school to start now to give me a rest, HA HA HA!

ANYWAY all this time in elementary schools has made me think again about going back to teaching. I think I really do want to when Rhett is older. What a life change that will be! But I spend so much time around schools anyway. Teachers are one of my favorite brands of people! Teachers, Ministers, Stay-Home Moms, Mom & Pop business owners, Nurses and Interior Decorators are usually the people I gravitate towards. Hhhmmmm Is it any coincidence that when I grow up I would love to be any one of these! Oh yeah, I already am!

Must run. Day's a waistin'! Happy back to school everyone! I hope this year we all keep our hearts and minds open to the wonders and assignments our Father God sees fit to show us!

PS Kolby has had much better days since Friday and her bathroom is REALLY clean! :)

2 comments:

Mae said...

Cheers to back to school! Cheers to Sari getting a Kindergarten placement! Cheers to doing all of that work in one weekend! And cheers to Kolby's incredibly clean bathroom!!! :)

John Owens said...

SG, you're kinda like Martha Stewart without the attitude. :)