Tuesday, August 24, 2004


Would you like to see what a miracle looks like? Just look at this woman!(picture from last years yearbook)
I have wonderful news to share! This is the e-mail i got a few hours ago!

Deby is awake and considered fully conscious by her doctors!
She clapped and raised her hands up over her head in a victory pose for her
doctor this morning. They have her bed in a semi-sitting position, she was squeezing Wes’ hand on request, and she answered questions with a nod or shake of her head regarding being a school teacher and which grade she teaches. She smiled at her sister. She follows people around the room with her eyes. She can breathe without her breathing tube, but since it makes her body work so hard, they have her back on it so her strength can better be utilized. She can mouth the word yes but isn’t speaking yet, due to the breathing tube.

Just as a reminder, the Cardiologist did warn Wes as well as family and friends not to let our emotions run too high and to take things one day at a time.

PRAISE THE LORD AND KEEP THOSE PRAYERS COMING!!!!


THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FATHER GOD!!!!!
Thank you for praying with us blog family! I must go and cry more HAPPY tears!

PS Even though I don't really qualify as a family, I'm afraid my emotions are running high despite the warnings! How can we not have "high emotions" after something like this happens? PRAISE GOD!!!

6 comments:

Donna G said...

This gives me chills and tears of wonder at our amazing God. I will not cease to pray for Deby.

Quiara said...

"And all were astounded at the greatness of God." Luke 9:43a.

Clarissa said...

Keep us updated ... glad things are looking up.

SG said...

Wednesday
Deby is breathng on her own and making great progress. There is still a long way to go BUT all are just so happy that she is alive and that her brain seems to be functioning much better than had been expected. Little has been said about the future, as they are so happy still to have her alive and functioning toady!
I can not post to my blog. I have tryed several times but everytime I push "publish Post" it gives me an error screen and telss me to refresh. When I refresh my post is gone! SO until I have time to mess with it, I'll just be visiting other blogs and commenting on mine!:)

SG said...

AND my trash cans are gone AND if I push enter it publishes the comment before I am ready.

Mae said...

Stinkin Blogwart ~ can you say "creamed corn"!?!??!!!! SO thankful that Deby is making a come back, many prayers have been offered up on her behalf and many more will be offered for her continued recovery. :)