Saturday, July 03, 2004

Are we there yet?

I was reading Mike Cope's blog this morning. In reference to my home congregation, Crestview church of Christ, I wonder "are we there yet?" I don't think so, but I have hope...

My youngest cousin returns from Spain on Tuesday. I am so proud of her for venturing out of her comfort zone to see the world. Part of me is a little envious of her travels and her freedom. I have to remind myself that when I was young and single, I would have instantly traded with someone who had an incredible husband, two great kids, and a 4/3 house across the street from grandparents! Life is good at all stages with the right perspective. Again, are we there yet? I'm getting there, I hope!

Lord, thank you for the challenges you balance with blessings at all the different stages of my life, faith, and even my worship! Please empower me to honor and proclaim You in all these, always!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are NOT there yet at church. I'm not sure I am ready for us to be there yet. We need to "mull this one over" together for my stomach is a churnin' for thinking about it! I just read this thing for the cute stories about your kids;}KL