Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Oh for the love of BLOG…

Recently I was having lunch with some girl friends. We were talking politics and our disdain for the news these days. It shifted to church politics. Then I heard it slip out… " The other day on my friend Q’s blog she said…." Blank stares. "What is a blog?" and "You have a friend named Q?"
When I attempted to explain the whole blog thing, they looked at me as though I was speaking Swahili. My attempts to explain who Q is were equally foreign to them. I love these girls dearly, but between the four of them, I am not sure they could log in, and type an e-mail, and send it.
I will date myself here, but in 1992 when we were all finishing college, there was not a mainstream internet. You didn’t have e-mail to check or a web to surf. These ladies were teachers, nurses, and professionals but they, like me, left the work world 6 and 7 years ago to be full time Moms. NEWS FLASH you don’t have to have a PC to change diapers, mend booboos, or fix dinner. So these particular friends of mine are rather techno challenged. I think I may as well been trying to explain nuclear physics, in fact that could have been easier.
Anyway this experience made me see that the blog world is increasingly creeping into the other parts of my world. I was wondering which scent Mae prefers when I was in Bath and Body today. I have smiled to myself all day thinking of the picture Mike posted this morning. I chat with Brandon via blog frequently and find myself saying, "The other day Brandon was saying"…which really he was typing and not saying it just to me. I passed a gay bar today and said a prayer for Clarissa as she decides weather to go there with God…and possibly Mae and Brandon. I got a great coupon for baby boy clothes at Gymboree and wondered if I should send it to DJG for her grandson. You guys are influencing me!

0 comments: