Thursday, July 29, 2004

Sun Drop

There are twelve 16.9 oz bottles of Sun Drop chilling in my frig right now! Mae Anne Hale sent me two six packs!
YOU ROCK MAE!

Have I ever mentioned that I love this blog thing?! You guys make my day so often lately. Kolby and Rhett are all excited about this foreign soda that was delivered to our front door in a 16 pound box today! (We are about to be on our way out to mail the DP, yes, I am just now getting to that) I have laughed countless times at post and comments, even teared up a time or two. It has been so great to reconnect with Mike, Brandon and Mrs. Judy! It has been so fun meeting (or re-meeting in some cases) all of you ...Mae, Jon, Clarissa, Serena, Q, Matt, Chris, Sara, DJG, TL, Grant, Joel... and all you other bloggers.

At lunch the other day a friend (she doesn't blog of course) said she thought that blogs would someday go the way of chat rooms.... I hope not! But whatever I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who make my day with the words you type. I love my blog family!

BUSY, BUSY days ahead but I will try to blog as often as I can!

9 comments:

Susan - said...

Save a bottle (or at least a taste) of that Sundrop. Mae mentioned it was part of her favorite summer memories. I have never heard of it either that I can remember. Made me curious.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

love your pictures...I can't decide who they look more like--you or Rob! Precious!

judy thomas said...

What is this drink? Available only where? I am curious. love your pictures--your daugher is definitely you. Miss Judy

Mae said...

I'm so exicted it's there, I've been wanting to ask all day, but made myself wait... Enjoy it, and if for some reason your tastbuds don't quite agree with me then by all means lie and tell me otherwise! My blessed Texan friends, Sun-drop is what dreams are made of ~ esp. in the plastic bottles and if I ever find it still in a glass bottle I will buy up the enitre stock.
As I stood at the UPS store the clerk asked what I was shipping (even though the box was still opened b/c I couldn't find any packing tape)and I sheepishly said "Sun-drop, I have friends in Texas who've never heard of it. My goal is to have them replace their blood with it." She laughed and said I was the 3rd person that day to ship some out!
Mrs. Judy, once you move to middle TN you'll be in Sun-drop central. No worries. I'll send it out to whomever is in need. Only one shipment a week, or I'll have to start a delivery to your part of the country!

Mae said...

P.S. Nice touch with the green and yellow ~ very Sun-dropish! :)

Anonymous said...

At the risk of offending Mae, I have never been a Sun Drop fan. I am much more a Dew fan. Sun Drop is a bit too strong. Although, you could always get a can for .25! I think it's .39 now. It's just wrong for me to admit that I don't care for Sun Drop in this part of the country. That's why I didn't set up my blog with my name!

Mae said...

TL, I'll meet you at the end of the aisle on sunday morning, you blasphemer. Jesus knows your name... (LOL!) Joking aside, it's incerdibly brave of you to admit that. I must add this, Alabama's Sun-drop is bottled in a different place (other than Tullahoma, TN), and I don't care for the way it tastes there either. But I'll take AL Sun-drop over the Dew anyday! :)

Matt Elliott said...

Dude -- she actually sent you SUN-DROP?!? I must be hanging out with the wrong bloggers. I've gotta get in on this kinda action.

Can anyone send me some Double Cola?

SG said...

Three days later and i think I am addicted to the unleaded version! GREAT! I guess I will settle for MtDew.