Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Ode to Blog

Last week I couldn't sleep and started this blog as a draft.  I was just about to delete it but, thought maybe someone out there would appreciate my silly, insomniac poetry! Here goes... 
 

Q is at camp. Matt's out of the nation.
Jim is gone for a month's vacation.
And Brandon and Mike are busy with Zoe preparation.
 
Mae has a paper. Clarissa has a song.
Grant went MIA after Isis came along.
And Chris has been wrestling that monkey way too long!
 
DJG posted a dog, Serena's with the grandchild.
Jon's plugging others, and Jays blog is just too wild.
Thank goodness Judy Thomas has a few good post filed!
 
Blogging has introduced a whole new family,
They have joked, affirmed, applauded and even prayed for me.
I can not help but wonder if their faces I'll ever see?
 
So in the mornings, before the little ones awake,
Or in the afternoons while a nap they take,
I log on to wonder, laugh, cheer and debate.
 
It keeps the Mommy mush from overtaking my brain,
It helps me share important thoughts, joy and pain
My ramblings finally have a space in which to drain!
 
And if I could think of something that rhymes with the word clog,
I would tell you much more about the sensation we call BLOG!



8 comments:

Clarissa said...

I made the poem! Awesome! :)

Mae said...

I am cracking up! Glad you chose to share with all of us. Too funny!!!

judy thomas said...

I didn't know you were a poet--Dickinson doesn't have to worry just yet. Stephanie, I am so sorry about Nick and am grieving for the Whitakers. Life is a puzzlement!

Donna G said...

Love the poem. We must be on the same wave length. I am honored to hit the poem and just have to agree about Chris and that monkey....

John Owens said...

That's wonderful. It is nuts how we are becoming some little family and many have never seen in each other.

I'm sorry to hear about Nick. But what a powerful story of redemption. Know that your Blogging family was praying with you and for you.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

Kester Smith... said...

So, I'm confused. You didn't like the thing on monkeys, or you didn't like that there was a lull AFTER the thing on monkeys? Hope it was the latter. It was a crazy week, without much time for blogging. However, I posted something new yesterday and will do so again today. I guess I didn't know people were reading it. Glad to be included in the poem. Great stuff!

Quiara said...

I have to agree: hilarious poem. And I can't help but be amazed at how a group is forming out of many people who, had it not been for Mike's blog, would likely never have encountered each other in this life.

I'm glad, though, that God, in his infinite sense of humor, has seen fit to make use of blogging. ^_~