Monday, July 05, 2004

A Nation of Cheaters?

OK. Somehow I feel like today we are a nation of cheaters all playing hooky. That's right we are cheating. The 4th fell on a weekend so, we cheat and take the 5th. (I'm tempted to make a Clinton joke out of that last statement but I am trying to quit.) Of course we could just say we are taking the President's Birthday off, but 49.598% of us might be offended by that! So we're all off for the 5th of July...

Never look a gift horse in the mouth! Happy Birthday W! We are all taking the day off!

2 comments:

Mae said...

SG,
Thank you so much for your words of inspiration! I am incredibly greatful for all who have offered such encouragement. I'll most definitely check out the book you recommended. I'll even post updates on my blog. I have been blessed by sharing, it was a difficult decision to make, but I am thankful that it has had positive results (no pun intended!)

Quiara said...

I just wanted to tell you you're hilarious. I laughed out loud at the last post -- but decided to comment to an earlier one so it wouldn't look like I was trying to marry your sister. ^_~

BTW, thanks for your encouragement. (BTW, someday your children will be in a youth group... ^_~)